People knocking on doors

last week it was a bloke trying to sell us some spuds .

Ha ha think we had the same guy, Wanting to sell big sacks of spuds i think it was for £15/£16,

Who really needs so many spuds lol, only time we buy a sack is when ever we go to skegg we wait for best deal though noticed the closer you get the cheaper the price lol, from £7/8 down to £2/3 for a sack now thats something you can't refuse when you can pay that for a small bag.

Though the worst i must say are those johovis(however you spell it) witness's, my grandfather (hate him for this ha ha) told me to go to the door think he knew who they were unsuspecting poor me had no idea what i was in for, no lie now 40 minutes talking about god and all that trying to make me believe and whatever i was so bored i really felt like crying kept trying to close the door then they would start talking more about something or another and i was so not interested just they were too old fellas and felt well probably not allot of people going to listen to them and it’s not like i got anything better to do with my time so poor me had to sit (well stand) through hell at the door, got a few information books and 1 or 2 pages copied from the bible and put them in a safe place straight into the big blue bin lol, so changed my believes ha ha, I don’t have a religion, never read the bible, only time ive been to a church is for funerals, hated religious education at school, if i knew i could have been excused from it if the school was informed of me been an atheist i would have made sure they knew, but I’m not really an atheist believe it the doo-dar in my own weird way like but that’s between me and whatever is in my head! Lol..... end of story.

Edited by DannyGUK

The people who come round aren't actaully employed by npower, RSPCA, etc - they are working for those awful 'Marketing' companies that have about 20 adverts in the star every day.

They don't care what they are collecting for, just whether or not they will get the commission for signing you up. That's why they are so persistent and are prepared to lie to get your details out of you.

Typically they will say things like 'our records show you are entitled to a discount on your energy bills', and if you say you are not interested they'll reply 'What? You are not interested in saving money?'.

Tell them to go away.

Typically they will say things like 'our records show you are entitled to a discount on your energy bills', and if you say you are not interested they'll reply 'What? You are not interested in saving money?'.

Some used the not interested in saving money line on me once. I replied "No, I'm well off enough to not bother." The look of shock on their faces was priceless. They'll have been told that nobody will say they are not into saving money and it left them completely stumped. Their silence gave me a convenient opportunity to say goodbye and close the door.

The people who come round aren't actaully employed by npower, RSPCA, etc - they are working for those awful 'Marketing' companies that have about 20 adverts in the star every day.

They don't care what they are collecting for, just whether or not they will get the commission for signing you up. That's why they are so persistent and are prepared to lie to get your details out of you.

Tell them to go away.

Yea those marketing companies, what joke.!

When they say they will train you in management , customer services etc. But you are only self employed on comission only!!!

Had someone knocking at the door yesterday, got up to find a young asian woman f***ing begging for money! :rant:

There was a asian bloke stood across road waiting for her.

I was furious....scrounging parasites!!!

I'll not print what i said but you can imagine it wasn't favourable!

The bloke ran off, the young woman just walked up the road.

Spoke to neighbour and apparantly they'd tried it at other houses too :rant:

We have a doorbell and have a recording which plays when the button is depressed. It says...."If you are selling something or collecting for something we are not interested so go away, if not, please wait"....We find it works a treat.

Now what an idea!