People knocking on doors

Had a bloke knock on our door the other day. I was out the back so asked him what he wanted. Without saying anything, he just held up a bunch of leaflets. Couldn't tell what was on them, so told him no thanks. Don't even think he had any id either. I must admit, I'm getting to the point where I can't be bothered to answer the door to these people

I have the same issue with people on Fargate stopping you in a "you will talk to me" kind of way.

They then have the cheek to ask you for your bank details! people must be giving out these details otherwise they'd stop doing it but surely it's not the best practise to be asking or giving bank details out to people at your door step or on the street?

I want to give to charity as and when I see fit to I don't want to be made to feel that I'm a bad person if I don't give to the charity of favour at the moment.

I am always pleasent and say "no thank you" but people are so persistent that it sometimes takes you being rude for them to back off.

I have the same issue with people on Fargate stopping you in a "you will talk to me" kind of way.

They then have the cheek to ask you for your bank details! people must be giving out these details otherwise they'd stop doing it but surely it's not the best practise to be asking or giving bank details out to people at your door step or on the street?

I want to give to charity as and when I see fit to I don't want to be made to feel that I'm a bad person if I don't give to the charity of favour at the moment.

I am always pleasent and say "no thank you" but people are so persistent that it sometimes takes you being rude for them to back off.

Wow, I really couldn't agree more. This echoes my own thoughts on this so much it's spooky! This may sound a bit clinical but I'm actually in the process of writing a more detailed piece about this, to post as a new thread in here, to gather other people's opinions on the charity 'infestation' of Fargate and how their attitude is actually becoming unsavoury. Look out for it.

Wow, I really couldn't agree more. This echoes my own thoughts on this so much it's spooky! This may sound a bit clinical but I'm actually in the process of writing a more detailed piece about this, to post as a new thread in here, to gather other people's opinions on the charity 'infestation' of Fargate and how their attitude is actually becoming unsavoury. Look out for it.

I wonder why the council allows it ?

A young man came to my door some years ago saying he was doing a sponsored run for The Asthma Society. I gave him nothing, and checked his ID with them afterwards (which was false). Turned out that he was a heroin addict and appeared at Sheffield Crown Court 6 months later. How much money had he pocketed during his time "collecting for charity" ? :rolleyes:

Im getting rather cross with The Red Cross !! Im going to phone them and ask why they are going around asking for peoples bank details ! :rant: What do they think we are , thick ! :rant:

On holiday a couple of years ago, we got stopped in the street by some young people from Red Cross and they were asking people for bank details too. What happened to standing in the street with collecting tins!!! :huh:

I recommend NEVER give charities your bank details if they come to your door. If you want to donate to any charity they you should contact them direct and offer whatever you want to. :thumbsup: