People knocking on doors

No he was asking me to donate that much to the charity, my point was how many does he have to sign up to cover his pay before the charity gets anything.

they get paid from Fundraising International League

they work with about 50 charities, and have a budget for each of them. your donation goes to the charity, and for each person you get to donate, you get some money from that budget.

has nothing to do with the charity, its something to do with the national lottery.

What annoys me the most is that I have one of those yellow door-stoppers stickers on my front door. The called calling still continues, when I answer the door and then point to the sticker all I get told is ''ah everyone has those these days, we just knock anyway''. So what is the bloody point in me having this sticker on, if I wanted to be distrubed by people selling stuff then id remove the sticker.

Tonight I had N Power knocking on my door, the other night it was a charity, a few weeks ago it was someone asking if I had any unused gold in the house that I wanted to sell, I dont answer my home phone because Im fed up of people trying to sell me stuff, its getting to the point Im not going to answer my door

I used to get calls all the time even late at night,If you call bt or your provider and tell them you want sales people to stop phoning you they do it free.It worked for me.

Something should be done about the amount of cold callers now its ridiculous around here, at least 2 a week is guaranteed and usually when I'm eating my tea :mad:

Its come to the point where I don't go to the door unless I know who it is because no matter what you say they persevere, this really cannot be doing the charities any good at all.

I was actually told that they tend to target council estates more because the people less well off give more...how mad is that! :confused:

I used to get calls all the time even late at night,If you call bt or your provider and tell them you want sales people to stop phoning you they do it free.It worked for me.

Ive been on the list for years, but apparently, they cannot stop callers from outside the UK :(

Have you registered with the Telephone Preference Service? If you get telesales calls once you are registered and you report a company for calling you they get fined by the regulator automatically.

Thats ok if you can understand what they are saying, without being called the R word, I have had calls from India and you cannot tell what they are saying. The TPS say they cannot do anything without a company name, and as soon as you question these companies they hang up.

What annoys me the most is that I have one of those yellow door-stoppers stickers on my front door. The called calling still continues, when I answer the door and then point to the sticker all I get told is ''ah everyone has those these days, we just knock anyway''. So what is the bloody point in me having this sticker on, if I wanted to be distrubed by people selling stuff then id remove the sticker.

Not been bad since I put my home made notice up saying no cold callers, religious callers or canvassers, I also made one for a neighbour saying no flyers or takeaway menus.

• 3 weeks later...