People knocking on doors

where can i get a sign for the door saying no callers , just had two people knocking at mine this is getting a real pain in the arse

Doesn't matter even if you had one... I bet they would still ignore it?!. It annoys me as the dog goes mental lol when ever someone knocks at the door.

where can i get a sign for the door saying no callers , just had two people knocking at mine this is getting a real pain in the arse

Years ago, I did door to door sales. We were always taught to ignore signs and stickers that said "We don't buy at the door" etc. The logic was- the people who put up such signs are weak minded and lack confidence. The firm I worked for encouraged us to push it a bit harder when we saw such a sign as the householders would cave in and buy just to get rid of you. And they often did.

I searched eBay ect couldnt find one so made my own little one and stuck it in the door window, and so far its worked, a guy come up the path the other day took him a few minutes to read but he never knocked lol.

My sign

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs157.snc1/5851_218285835724_612120724_8107908_5622440_n.jpg

Make one of your own, get the clip art of a salesman then get the red circle with a bar across it and put it over the salesman. Then under that type whatever message you like I rarely get callers selling or canvassing now:hihi:

Years ago, I did door to door sales. We were always taught to ignore signs and stickers that said "We don't buy at the door" etc. The logic was- the people who put up such signs are weak minded and lack confidence. The firm I worked for encouraged us to push it a bit harder when we saw such a sign as the householders would cave in and buy just to get rid of you. And they often did.

Well if someone comes I will just say whats the problem can't you read and close the door.

i havent paid any attention to this thread until last night about 8pm when i was watching tv and along came about 5 Cancer research beggers, im all for charity and the one i always give to in passing is cancer research, having lost someone who was close to me from the terrible illness. But i dont like it when they are knocking at you door at 8pm and i had to shout 3 times that im not interested before he finally mumbled something and stormed off! i think they shoud make it against the law to canvass on your door step afterall i work in town and have to run the gauntlet on fargate of canvassers every lunchtime to get a sandwich! :rant:

We normally get double glazing ,now anyone with even an ounce of brain can see I have double glazing,so when they knock I shout I'm in the garden come round heheheheheh on coming to the side gate they are warmly greated by my little doggy doggy (well OK I lie ) hes 8 stone muscles to die for and lovely white teeth that I'm sure he would love to sink into some poor unsuspecting salesman.Now is it my fault if they run with a brown trail behind them or is it there fault for being so dumb and asking if I want double glazing lol