People knocking on doors

Tonight I had N Power knocking on my door, the other night it was a charity, a few weeks ago it was someone asking if I had any unused gold in the house that I wanted to sell, I dont answer my home phone because Im fed up of people trying to sell me stuff, its getting to the point Im not going to answer my door

We generally don't answer the door unless we're expecting someone. And as far as the phone goes, we're on a Sky thingy which doesn't permit any number withheld calls to get through. (Which is pretty much all sales/begging calls.) And even if they did, we let the answerphone screen 'em! :cool:

Red cross were round at ours last night about 8pm (3rd time this year)

I would never give my bank inf to anyone at my door or on the street,

Im getting rather cross with The Red Cross !! Im going to phone them and ask why they are going around asking for peoples bank details ! :rant: What do they think we are , thick ! :rant:

Similarly two nice young men came round collecting for the children's home. I gave them my daughter and nephew....boom boom.

i had the same with people collecting for aid for africa....gave them a bowl of rice....

i had the same with people collecting for aid for africa....gave them a bowl of rice....

We seem to have been swooped on by people knocking on our doors., asking for money . I do know that charities donations are down, because of the credit crunch ,but ordinary people have been hit by the credit crunch as well.