Jade Goody has died

Yes but I'm sure the money will more than make up for it.
If your own mother's still alive, I hope she doesn't find and read that sentiment on the day after we've just celebrated Mother's Day. You obviously think a lot about her to even have such a thought, not. :|

ETA: I've just seen your justification, but I don't buy it. I don't think the average adolescent has the emotional aplomb to make the value judgments about comments on their dead mother, that the more world weary and cynical people amongst us may be able to do.

Edited by rubydazzler

Absolutely not, but let's get things into perspective here! Love her or hate her, Jade Goody made a lot of money by playing this very specific and carefully managed celebrity role, She had no talent, skill or creativity and any kind of bad press she has received was all part of how she made her living. Those kids will want for nothing materially and in time, they will realise that anything they read about their Mother should be taken with a pinch of salt. They will know what a good person Jade was from those closest to them, that's all that will matter to them.

Good points, cant really argue with any of that.

I'm not "sad" that Jade Goody has died. I think it's very sad that a young woman aged only 27 has died, leaving two sons behind - however, there are thousands of people across the world in the same situation, and we don't express our grief for them, hence my feels towards Jade.

The reason for my response to this thread is this: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2334881.ece

How on earth can The Sun justify printing (and publishing on the website) a picture of her body being carried out of her house in a body bag? This is the sickest amongst the sick. It's wrong and should be taken off immediately. That's simply just a lack of respect for a dead woman. Some photographer will have been paid thousands for that image by The Sun, and that's wrong and sick. I hope the paper receives enough complaints for the media watchdogs to take action. Jade Goody may have chosen to live her last years in the media spotlight, but does not deserve for her dead body to be splashed across the papers.

I'm not "sad" that Jade Goody has died. I think it's very sad that a young woman aged only 27 has died, leaving two sons behind - however, there are thousands of people across the world in the same situation, and we don't express our grief for them, hence my feels towards Jade.

The reason for my response to this thread is this: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2334881.ece

How on earth can The Sun justify printing (and publishing on the website) a picture of her body being carried out of her house in a body bag? This is the sickest amongst the sick. It's wrong and should be taken off immediately. That's simply just a lack of respect for a dead woman. Some photographer will have been paid thousands for that image by The Sun, and that's wrong and sick. I hope the paper receives enough complaints for the media watchdogs to take action. Jade Goody may have chosen to live her last years in the media spotlight, but does not deserve for her dead body to be splashed across the papers.

I can't really understand why you feel quite as strongly about this. I think it's unneccesary and mawkish, but it's theSun, what did you expect?

It's got nothing to do with the fact that Jade is dead. The point I was replying to was how her kids will react to bad things written about her in the press. Read my previous post and don't make half cocked assumptions about my morals.
I didn't realise that this was the RIP thread, so I don't want to get into a quarrel in the middle of it. I merely thought the comment spoke volumes that anyone could think any amount of money would be any compensation to a child seeing your dead mother badmouthed by strangers who didn't even know her. I celebrate the good she's done by going public with her disease and all the women's lives that might be saved by her actions, and the children who won't be left motherless, too. She'd have had to suffer the intrusion of the 'gentlemen of the Press' anyway whether she wanted it or not, as S8Blade has just pointed out, but at least doing it her way, some good has come out of it for others, if not for herself or her family.

Jade, you were only famous for being yourself, but what a self you were! Sleep tight and God bless you.

Yes but I'm sure the money will more than make up for it.

What a very strange and awful thing to say. No amount of money could possibly make up for the loss of a loved one or for reading any thing terrible which has been written about them. I take it you have never been in this situation?

I didn't realise that this was the RIP thread, so I don't want to get into a quarrel in the middle of it. I merely thought the comment spoke volumes that anyone could think any amount of money would be any compensation to a child seeing your dead mother badmouthed by strangers who didn't even know her. I celebrate the good she's done by going public with her disease and all the women's lives that might be saved by her actions, and the children who won't be left motherless, too. She'd have had to suffer the intrusion of the 'gentlemen of the Press' anyway whether she wanted it or not, as S8Blade has just pointed out, but at least doing it her way, some good has come out of it for others, if not for herself or her family.

Jade, you were only famous for being yourself, but what a self you were! Sleep tight and God bless you.

It's an awful awful thing that has happened. The world needs people like Jade Goody, I'll certainly miss reading about her. It was showbiz and I'm certain that her family knows how it all works, it's not real. Her PR people and advisors are not stupid, they know what makes a good story and it was in everyone's interests to perpetuate the Jade Goody brand. Her loved ones will know the truth and it's certainly not what's written in celebrity magazines and tabloids.

Just read this article, and find the descriptive language used, sly and hypocritical. What is this...pointing the finger of criticism and pulling someone down because they have made money out of the public media, written by someone who is making money from the same spotlight that they are criticising? Isn't this just like saying the hand (that feeds me) is 'ugly'?

Just read this article, and find the descriptive language used, sly and hypocritical. What is this...pointing the finger of criticism and pulling someone down because they have made money out of the public media, written by someone who is making money from the same spotlight that they are criticising? Isn't this just like saying the hand (that feeds me) is 'ugly'?

I've just read all that link. I agree with your last sentence.

I wouldn't have thought that that would be published, but judging by the kudos things in the responses, I guess it will/has. It looked like an 'intelligent' person wishing to speak with other 'intelligent' people, with views and thoughts that aren't particularly necessary to share, now she is gone. Like-minded people will have thought the same, and everyone else will criticise, but nothing will come of it, other than arguing.

I can't claim to have been a fan of JG, or the way she did things. But a 27 year old who hasn't committed murder or such like, whether leaving two kids or not, will always be unfortunate.

If the links that I have read are anything to go by with regard to higher rates of people going to get tested, hopefully some lessons might be learnt in relation to avoiding tests, that I've been informed/ and can imagine aren't particularly pleasant.

RIP.