British Post Office Scandal

15 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Which Government should have sorted it out ? 

The question is which government ministers over the years should have acnowleged and faced the issue.

Ministers and officials of both parties obviously failed but nobody can ever be pinned on their failures because of the ever changing Cabinet shuffles.

So partial blame is the most that results from any of the failures and life goes on in the political world.

There is certainly an unholy scramble to avoid responsibility and an equal scramble to get some credit for putting it right.

On the subject of which Ian Hislop did a job on Jake Berry who tried to get credit from a total failure of his party

Worh a watch on Peston

Edited by RJRB

9 hours ago, El Cid said:

Their share price is slightly up compared to twelve months ago, they have £8 billion worth of assets, they should be performing better but its a Government controlled industry.

https://www.google.com/finance/quote/IDS:LON?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjAnf-updqDAxXYS0EAHSipDLYQ3ecFegQIZhAf&window=1Y

Assets that they can't liquidate into cash and the HMRC will only care about the cash. They have a lot of cash tied up in financing & if I've read it correctly, they're £12 million in the red for cash flow. 

1 minute ago, Resident said:

Assets that they can't liquidate into cash and the HMRC will only care about the cash. They have a lot of cash tied up in financing & if I've read it correctly, they're £12 million in the red for cash flow. 

What does that mean?

11 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

What does that mean?

Assets are mainly physical things like equipment. Sorting machines, vans etc

Equipment they NEED to continue operations so they can't sell them in order to pay off the debt. 

I guess we'll never know if the scabrous, hard right wing poster on here Jack Grey is as aggrieved at wronged postmasters getting compensation, as he was with the parents of the baby victims of Lucy Letby receiving compensation, because I see he's finally been banned from Sheffield Forum.

Good.

Though I've no doubt he'll be back under another guise, spitting his venom over other posters.

So until then, he'll be driving round Park Hill in his van, fantasising that he really lives in Florida 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

I guess we'll never know if the scabrous, hard right wing poster on here Jack Grey is as aggrieved at wronged postmasters getting compensation, as he was with the parents of the baby victims of Lucy Letby receiving compensation, because I see he's finally been banned from Sheffield Forum.

Good.

Though I've no doubt he'll be back under another guise, spitting his venom over other posters.

So until then, he'll be driving round Park Hill in his van, fantasising that he really lives in Florida 😂

I’m happy you could get a dig in , under the guise of this thread .:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I’m happy you could get a dig in , under the guise of this thread .:rolleyes:

Well I'm glad you're happy Hacks, because that makes me happy.

Given that Jack Grey called some people on here unforgivable names, I don't know why you're sticking up for him; and 'my little dig' was nowt compared to what he subjected innocent folk to on here.