Why Is Sheffield So Far Behind Many Other Uk Cities?

26b-6

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Indeed. So if you have no sensible suggestions as to where it can go maybe we can dismiss is as a crackpot idea along the lines of Bassettone's train line on stilts through Woodseats, and we can all move on. 

Thank God for that, I was expecting you to put it to music.🙄

Guest busdriver1
10 hours ago, Anna B said:

I'd argue that Sheffield is far larger than those, and with a bigger conurbation. If we want to get ahead we really do need an airport, especially now Doncaster Robin hood has closed down.

East Midlands, Manchester and Leeds/Bradford all within easy travelling distance, the difference is they have things worth visiting nearer than Sheffield.

28 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

East Midlands, Manchester and Leeds/Bradford all within easy travelling distance, the difference is they have things worth visiting nearer than Sheffield.

Easy travelling distance?

All 3 are a pain in the A

A high speed train would solve it. In recent months I've done Taipei (Taoyuan airport), Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Shenzhen. All of them have a fast train directly to the city from the airport. The longest trip being 30 mins. 

A reliable high speed train to Manchester would probably be cheaper than building a new airport (to answer the previous posts not by you).

1 hour ago, *_ash_* said:

A high speed train would solve it. In recent months I've done Taipei (Taoyuan airport), Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Shenzhen. All of them have a fast train directly to the city from the airport. The longest trip being 30 mins. 

A reliable high speed train to Manchester would probably be cheaper than building a new airport (to answer the previous posts not by you).

It very much would,   but good luck with that.

Guest busdriver1
2 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

I can do East Midlands in 35 minutes from my house, Manchester is nearer 50. hardly a Himalayan trek

1 hour ago, *_ash_* said:

But why?

Labour's fault or Tory's fault?

I want to know the difference between the possible governments.

Very little it seems,   Labour claim otherwise,  but it won't be too long before we see.

The present run down state is due to the Tories,  but Starmer doesn't fill me with much hope,  although I'm quite sure they will be fairer than the present Sewage Party.

9 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Like Leicester, (who's county it is in), or Bury, Stockport, Oldham and Heckmondwike?

Edited by St Petre
add