19 Billion In Unclaimed Benefits!

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

That's got nothing to do with the social security system being overly complex, bureaucratic, fragmented and shrouded in shame. 

It's one of the most generous social security systems in the world

It's weak and open to abuse with many people on benefits all their lives

And that's why so many people want to come here

Edited by Jack Grey

56 minutes ago, Delayed said:

look at my previous post. A simple google search shows you can still do everything by post and whether online or postal the same information is required.

It’s no one else’s fault but your own that you don’t know the application process properly 

The process has changed. 

Extra information is now needed for a simple renewal.

The point is the DWP already have ALL the information about me on their computer, plus name address, date of birth, national insurance number etc. All they have to do is press a button to access it. That was supposed to be the advantage of computers - their ability to collect and display data. 

But no, I have to contact them (not easy in itself,) to get them to send me paper copies, then I have to photograph /scan them, download /upload them, (again not easy for me,) and send the same images back to them. 

Does that make sense to you?

It doesn't to me. 

Especially for a simple renewal. 

11 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Oh perlease. Our benefits system is one of the worst in Europe, We have one of the lowest pensions, sick pay, etc and just £70 quid a week for anyone who has to give up a fulltime job to care for someone 24/7 (which saves the country millions. 

Just because the government say it's the best, (they would wouldn't they,) doesn't make it true y'know...

You've been reading the Daily mail again.

Edited by Anna B

11 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Not being nitpicking but, do you have credible evidence to prove those statements?

11 minutes ago, Anna B said:

The process has changed. 

The point is the DWP already have ALL the information about me on their computer, plus name address, date of birth, national insurance number etc. All they have to do is press a button to access it. That was supposed to be the advantage of computers - their ability to collect and display data. 

But no, I have to contact them (not easy in itself,) to get them to send me paper copies, then I have to photograph /scan them, download /upload them, (again not easy for me,) and send the same images back to them. 

It doesn't to me. 

Yes it makes perfect sense. 

Information can change over time. So to make sure DWP have your current information, they will require you to provide it again. And of course to make sure that it's actually you applying and not an imposter..

And computers do collect and display information. Thats their primary function. 

13 minutes ago, Anna B said:

The process has changed. 

It doesn't to me. 

Oh perlease. Our benefits system is one of the worst in Europe, We have one of the lowest pensions, sick pay, etc and just £70 quid a week for anyone who has to give up a fulltime job to care for someone 24/7 (which saves the country millions. 

Just because the government say it's the best, (they would wouldn't they,) doesn't make it true y'know...

Is 70 pounds a carers allowance?

52 minutes ago, Anna B said:

It doesn't to me. 

Just because AnnaB says its the worst doesn't automatically make it true either.

I note you are conveniently ignoring the fact that someone receiving that £70 carers allowance gets national insurance credits and  may also be eligible to apply for additional monies from the council and/or reduced council tax liability and/or universal credit and/or pension credit and/or support grants and/or  income support and/or employment and support allowance....   Plenty of people claiming careers allowance still have part-time jobs.  Other people may continue to receive lower rate pension and can still claim careers allowance on top.

Easy to pick and choose the dramatic headlines.  Not quite the same when one actually bothers to looks at the full context.  

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Not being nitpicking but, do you have credible evidence to prove those statements?

I've travelled the world and I can tell you that people in the UK have it good

It's one of the best countries in the world where anyone can achieve their goals if they are willing to work hard 

We also allow people to be lazy and do nothing and get handed cash

33 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Just because AnnaB says its the worst doesn't automatically make it true either.

I note you are conveniently ignoring the fact that someone receiving that £70 carers allowance gets national insurance credits and  may also be eligible to apply for additional monies from the council and/or reduced council tax liability and/or universal credit and/or pension credit and/or support grants and/or  income support and/or employment and support allowance....   Plenty of people claiming careers allowance still have part-time jobs.  Other people may continue to receive lower rate pension and can still claim careers allowance on top.

Easy to pick and choose the dramatic headlines.  Not quite the same when one actually bothers to looks at the full context.  

That's what I thought.