2020/21 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

Message added by nikki-red

This is the 2020 Recommended Tradesmen thread. Please use the Job Vacancies section for any actual jobs or if youre wanting  quotes.
STRICTLY NO ADVERTISING.

You can still browse through the previous thread here...

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/469128-20182019-recommended-tradesmen-megathread-no-advertisingjobsquotes/

I'm looking for a garderner/landscaper to do some work on my back garden

after existing patio reshaping & re-stoning, a couple of gravel paths cutting through existing lawn & a fence constructing

can't seem to get anyone to actually come to give us a quote, so any recommendations would be very much appreciated

cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whitecliffes Builders have just finished a large job for us and I recommend them very highly. This time (summer 2021) they have  replaced fascias, soffits, windows,  and done a  host of smaller, significant  jobs while here including some excellent hallway flooring.  Eric Cliffe comes out and assesses what needs to be done and he is a good problem solver, giving sound, trustworthy suggestions. Dale and Jack came to do the work with regular visits by Eric, and were skilled and hard workers who are pleasant to have around (no blaring radios all day). They don't try to cut corners and really do take pride in thorough, high quality work and a good finish. They were also really helpful in sorting out and doing jobs we had never got round to.  Ten years ago we asked Whitecliffes to renovate a terraced house in Walkley and deal with the damp problems, which they did to an excellent standard and Eric effectively project managed all the work. So their standards have been consistently high and we have recommended them to friends who have been really pleased.  Because Eric is long established, he has good connections with suppliers, the work could be done promptly and we weren't left facing long delays once work had started e.g. when we decided to replace extra windows. Whiteclffes guarantee their work too. We will use them again if we need to and are very glad we chose Whitecliffes for a second time.

Whitecliffes Builders have just replaced windows for us and would be worth contacting (www.whitecliffesbuilders.com) for sound advice and skilled work.

Looking for TV Aerial suppliers and installers.

Prices seen range from £120 to almost three times that amount.

Obviously, I'm looking more towards the £120 end. One Aerial and relevant cable, Terrestrial/Freeview only, from ladders, supplying one downstairs room at Walkley.

Any recommendations please?

Edited by Hotmale 1954

On 29/08/2021 at 14:52, dars35 said:

I'm looking for a garderner/landscaper to do some work on my back garden

after existing patio reshaping & re-stoning, a couple of gravel paths cutting through existing lawn & a fence constructing

can't seem to get anyone to actually come to give us a quote, so any recommendations would be very much appreciated

cheers

Dave

That trade must be the most frustrating trade to actually get out to quote or get hold of, absolute nightmare.

I'm looking for a hedge removal and fencing put up as well as paving. Any recommendations of landscapers that respond and willing to quote. S5 area I'm in.

• 2 weeks later...

Sam  Lovatt.Top man.I and my sons have benefitted from Sams plumbing skills in the past.

My sister had an emergency with a hot water bath tap that wouldn’t turn off.

It was in the evening so she contacted a 4 star Trust Pilot rated emergency plumber who promised a plumber within 2 hours only to call later to say that no one available until the day after.

A pleasant guy turned up but concluded that he could not get access to fit new taps and that the easiest solution would be to remove the bath and he would arrange for an estimate to be sent.

This took the job over a weekend and an estimate for £800 plus materials arrived on the Tuesday.So 5 days with no hot water

Having asked my opinion I rang Sam at 11 am and he said he would call later in the day.

So he travelled from Wath to Sheffield in the early evening and fixed what was not a straightforward job within a couple of hours and charged less than the preliminary charge made by the emergency plumber.

Sam is trustworthy,honest and competent and we can’t thank him enough.