2020/21 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

nikki-red

This is the 2020 Recommended Tradesmen thread. Please use the Job Vacancies section for any actual jobs or if youre wanting  quotes.
STRICTLY NO ADVERTISING.

You can still browse through the previous thread here...

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/469128-20182019-recommended-tradesmen-megathread-no-advertisingjobsquotes/

Message added by nikki-red

Can anyone recommend a good plasterer.  S5 area 

Edited by crlr

Hi

Can anyone recommend a reliable tiler for tiling a splashback and sink area in the kitchen. We've been turned down by 3 tilers since August - 2 didn't turn up on the day at all, one turned up but left after 10 min and never got back. S20 area. Thanks.

Hi does anyone know a tradesperson who would be able to fit a recessed door mat well - not sure if I need a builder or joiner.  Need to cut through vinyl tiles, boarding and possible cement at my front door.  Debbie

I have an issue with condensation and mould. 

Can anyone recommend someone who might be able to fix the problem please?

Thanks

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good/reliable builder for loft conversion and extension please. 

Thanks 

Hi,

I'm looking for an electrician to replace a bathroom ceiling extractor fan, and a plumber or handyman who can re-seal the bath and units in the same bathroom.

Thanks!

If you want work done on your bathroom or joinery we highly recommend Richard Berry at Wickersley Tile Company (07759498651) .

Excellent workmanship, qualified and professional and he was able to accommodate some problems we had very well.

The result is fantastic. View pictures on his new website. Very happy!

Hiya,

We've got a substantial project for a detatched house on a hill which is stripped back to brick. We're after a double storey extension, loft conversion and partial cellar refurb. 

We are looking for an honest, reliable building company who are accustomed to working with architect drawings; the bees knees - Any recommendations? 

Please if you recommend let me know what they did for you and why you recommend them thanks!

Edited by froggie189

Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for a good local electrician to fit a house alarm system

Any advice welcome.

Many thanks

On 02/02/2021 at 15:46, Daffodil582 said:

Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for a good local electrician to fit a house alarm system

Any advice welcome.

Many thanks

Ashton Alarms.

Hi all, first time posting so forgive me if I’m posting in the wrong place. The coal chute/cellar grate was stolen a little while ago from my mid-terrace house. Does anyone have any recommendations for a builder/tradesperson who can fit a new one/secure it? 

18 hours ago, Hannah Wood said:

Hi all, first time posting so forgive me if I’m posting in the wrong place. The coal chute/cellar grate was stolen a little while ago from my mid-terrace house. Does anyone have any recommendations for a builder/tradesperson who can fit a new one/secure it? 

You might get a replacement from Swifties on Abbeydale Road.

Its a reclamation yard on the junction with Broadfield road.

Very often they are secured with a chain that can be fixed somewhere in the cellar.

Measure the hole first so you know the right size.

Edited by dan2802
More info