2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

HI everyone,just joined as i feel i had to express my experience i have just had with a new kichen i have had fitted.as im sure we all know and heard about the horror stories about kichen companys and cowboy fitters.

my story starts when i started working thru the minefield of kichen companies and fitters.i search sheffield forum and a name that kept coming up was phil greenwood.so i gave him a ring,and i never looked back.from the moment i spoke to him it was a pleasure all the way.firstly he arranged to meet me at sheffield kichen outlet were we meet daniel who is a partner in the company.

both dan and phil spent so much time in us all working together in the planning and choice of kichen.phil greenwood and his fitter ,steve,spent 4 days in fitting the kichen and it was a pleasure to have them working for me.both phil and steve were polite and treated my home with respect.the fnished kichen was fantastic,including all the fnishing detail.i would also like to mention that they even went to fetch me some skirting board,and even mitred all the skirting so all i had to do was fit it....this was as a favour and wasnt charged for. dan at sko was also a pleasure to work with as he showed so much patience and advice,nothing was to much trouble for him,he always

had time for me and always returned my calls.all i can say is if you are planning to have a kichen i would strngly adice to give phil a bell on 07729625901 and he will look after you from design to fitting.

Edited by Groose

Hi, welcome to the Forum. I totally agree with you. Phil (and Steve) fitted my kitchen (a year ago) from Sheffield Kitchen Outlet - also designed by Dan - and I'm delighted with it. They also fitted flooring for me and fitted wardrobes. I am very happy with everything. I agree with you, it's a pleasure to have them around! :-)

I'm in need of my garden preparing for turf to be laid. The garden is about 60ft in length and 20 ft wide. Can anyone recommend someone who is reasonable and has the expertise for the job. Thx!

As it is now past 2016. A new thread is required. As usual no advertising/self promotion.

The link to the old thread can be found Here.

Tony 07960 121387

Excellent roofer, very fairly priced and has looked after a few of our customers when problems have occurred with roofs & guttering etc.

Thanks to Rob at Springvale Builders and Landscapes for all your help with our project.

That Genie lift for lifting RSJs is wicked!

J

Another positive for Sam Lovatt the plumber. Will definitely be using him for future jobs!!

Can recommend Adrian from Mallorn Roofing 07930865335. Excellent service.

Hello to all.

Can anyone recommend a company to remove a Fireplace and plaster the wall.

Many thanks

Bill Stewardson.

Sam Lovatt did a fantastic job on our bathroom at a really good price. Despite all the problems a 150 year old stone building threw at him, Sam just sorted them and even finished a day earlier than expected. I have already recommended Sam to our friends. Info@ddps.biz

I would like to highly recommend Whitecliffe's for any building work you need doing. We recently got in contact with Eric from Whitecliffes as we wanted to remove part of a structural wall in order to open up our kitchen and dining room. Eric made everything easy from start to finish. Good communication and very knowledgable putting us at ease. All his team were very friendly and accommodating, even fixing a door we hadn't asked them too because they noticed it was broken. Everything was tidied up and all rubbish was cleared. We were so pleased to have found a good, reliable and competitively priced builder that we have just had all our windows replaced by them too. We had a previous bad experience with a large window company and are so glad we didn't go with one again. All windows are of high quality and the fitting is excellent and properly plastered on the inside rather than upvc trims. Martin also cleared our gutters for us while he was up the ladder.

I don't usually leave reviews, but have just joined the forum to do so as we were so impressed with their work.

Jim

Sam Lovatt did a fantastic job on our bathroom at a really good price. Despite all the problems a 150 year old stone building threw at him, Sam just sorted them and even finished a day earlier than expected. I have already recommended Sam to our friends. Info@ddps.biz

It's the third time that Sam helped me, who this time fixed a leak of a failed rubber seal at the waste pipe joints, coming on the day of call.

Again, very reasonable price, polite, clean throughout.

Very much appreciated.