2020/21 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

nikki-red

This is the 2020 Recommended Tradesmen thread. Please use the Job Vacancies section for any actual jobs or if youre wanting  quotes.
STRICTLY NO ADVERTISING.

You can still browse through the previous thread here...

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/469128-20182019-recommended-tradesmen-megathread-no-advertisingjobsquotes/

Message added by nikki-red

6 hours ago, pluckabee said:

Has anyone got any recommendations for a builder, fairly big job needing to fix the roof and patio doors of a kitchen extension

Try Steven should be able to help you out 07801 511225

Looking for a recommended exterior house painter - windows, gutters, downpipes. Part of the job needs a scaffold, but I can organise that separately if needed.

Thanks.

Hi, we have just moved and have a few bits that need doing.

1. and external painter to paint the front of our house. Two storey 1940s semi with extension. The bottom part is brickwork which is fine

2. a joiner to provide and fit some loft ladders on our landing. Also to replace the star case spindles with a pane

3. window/door fitter to replace one of the main bay wi does with French doors

Thanks

Im new to the forum but want to say how very pleased with the work from Joynes Entire Builders. They came and completely renovated my bathroom from start to finish.
Nigel was brilliant at recommending suppliers for my bathroom suite and tiles, which worked out much cheaper they also do other things from kitchens to gardens to roofing  Overall they are great builders to work with and I will definitely recommend them to any one who needs a good reliable builder. 

thanks Nigel

07902501339 quote@joynesbuilders.co.uk   https://www.joynesbuilders.co.uk

Edited by robb12

Looking for recommendations for roof inspection and/or repair. Had some water ingress during heavy downpour today, likely due to failed flashing. Chimney stacks shared with neighbouring property so while we need a prompt repair, we also need to understand full nature of problem to navigate situation. (Our roof is relatively new compared to next door and we suspect ingress could be partly down to its disrepair.)

Typical Sheffield mid-terrace with full-height attic. Next door is higher (sloping street). Not easy to know how we can inspect without installing full scaffold...

Thanks for your suggestions / recommendations.

Lower Wincobank /S9 

looking for information about gas cooker repair.

My five ringed gas cooker have 3 ignition don't work and the gas supply to the largest fire ring  reduced.

What kind of repair company should I contact? It seems that many domestic appliance repair company don't involve any repair involve gas .

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Anyone know a handyman local to S7, fair size ladders equipped, to switch off/cut off legacy Ashton alarm , on wall, which is making noise after power cut, despite power removed in house.

Should stop in 20 mins …..or not lol if it’s a really old one …

I think it(the external battery in the sounds box), the indoors one we disconnected,  may be drained no, but very worried it might go off again, my neighbour upstairs would like to decommission his as well.

update: think i have someone now

Edited by gamezone07

On 22/12/2020 at 17:03, Conte said:

Hi

Can anyone recommend a reliable tiler for tiling a splashback and sink area in the kitchen. We've been turned down by 3 tilers since August - 2 didn't turn up on the day at all, one turned up but left after 10 min and never got back. S20 area. Thanks.

Sorry if this is a bit late but we have just had a tiler called Richard Berry  07759 498651 to tile our kitchen , it was a bit awkward and difficult to do but he did it , it is a excellent job , he is reliable and punctual and a nice bloke , you wont be disappointed with him . He is also a very good joiner.

Can anyone recommend someone to look at sorting a leak in a chimney? Might be flashing, might not...

Thanks

Edited by Litotes