2020/21 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

nikki-red

This is the 2020 Recommended Tradesmen thread. Please use the Job Vacancies section for any actual jobs or if youre wanting  quotes.
STRICTLY NO ADVERTISING.

You can still browse through the previous thread here...

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/469128-20182019-recommended-tradesmen-megathread-no-advertisingjobsquotes/

Message added by nikki-red

Apologies I’ve never posted here so hope I’m posting in the correct place. I wanted to share my experience of Whitecliffes Builders and give them a recommendation.  I was looking for someone who would do everything involved in building an entire en suite instead of coordinating lots of tradesmen myself.  They were organised and prompt.  They notified me and allowed me to make the decisions at every stage of the build.  They came up with good solutions for the plumbing.  The overall finish is fantastic with great plastering and tiling. We are so happy with our new bathroom.

Can anyone recommend a Painter and Decorator. I need someone to re-decorate my hall and stairs.

Does anyone know what the average price of an electrical inspection for a two bedroom terraced house is? 

1 hour ago, Colin Foster said:

Does anyone know what the average price of an electrical inspection for a two bedroom terraced house is? 

£200 inc vat is about right.

Hello,

im looking to replace my wooden soffits as the wood has rotted. 

I’m looking for recommendations for fitters please. S13 area. 

scaffold is likely as I have a garage and extension. 

Any recommendations for reputable fitters, welcome.

Hello, I'm looking for a roofer to replace two bay roofs one in lead and one in fibreglass.  The scaffold is up ready! Sheffield S8. Please DM me if interested. Thanks

Can anyone recommend a company for replacing double glazed window units, I have several that need replacing..

8 hours ago, iansheff said:

Can anyone recommend a company for replacing double glazed window units, I have several that need replacing..

Abbey Glass at Woodseats.

14 hours ago, dan2802 said:

Abbey Glass at Woodseats.

Cheers

Could anyone recommend a builder? We'd like a new opening creating in a brick wall for a new window. Fairly small job (1 to 1.5 days based on builders we've spoke to). Everyone we've tried so far has either not turned up or not quoted, and have had no idea what the regs are. Thanks 

Can anyone recommend a good external decorator for woodwork on fascia boards, gutter, and dormer? Not a huge job, but awkward because as a typical Sheffield terrace it's pretty tall and on slopey ground.

Has anyone got any recommendations for a builder, fairly big job needing to fix the roof and patio doors of a kitchen extension