Dejphon Chansiri to buy Hillsborough?

zaci

I TOLD YOU ALL months ago that this was going to happen  and all i got was it was against the rules and could not be done,well we have done it and that now means we have loads of dosh to spend,get good young players that will play in the premier league and not just come back down again like lots do,so well done to chansiri and premier here we come 2019/20,its so easy when your team has cash.

I read that Villa are looking at doing the same if they don't get promoted to the PL. Why shouldn't clubs use their assets to their benefit, the clubs that get relegated from the PL get their parachute payments to cover the high wages they pay the players. Clubs should negotiate contracts that say if we are relegated from the PL then there will be a cut in the wages, as it is, they can keep the supposedly better quality players on high PL wages.

52 minutes ago, iansheff said:

I read that Villa are looking at doing the same if they don't get promoted to the PL. Why shouldn't clubs use their assets to their benefit, the clubs that get relegated from the PL get their parachute payments to cover the high wages they pay the players. Clubs should negotiate contracts that say if we are relegated from the PL then there will be a cut in the wages, as it is, they can keep the supposedly better quality players on high PL wages.

Hmmm... :huh:

... it's a good point, but the consequences could be worrying for many fans.

While a 'one-off' sale of the ground may cover the mess the club are in under FFP, what about the longer term future of the ground?

If the ground is no longer owned by the club then the operational costs (which must be increasing season by season on an ageing stadium) are obviously removed from the clubs 'losses' in exchange for paying 'rent', and so these operational costs are no longer included under FFP.

But these costs don't magically disappear and still need to be paid for out of Mr Tuna's wallet, so what happens if he decides these operational costs have become too much?

By separating the club from the ground he has already made things a lot simpler to just sell off the ground to a third party (assuming there is a demand for new housing/office blocks in the area) and just move the club to a new location (perhaps nearer Barnsley?). :|

he wont do that hes a top owner and has plenty of cash,but if he sells it could be a different matter,but i said he would do it and as we stand its a great idea and will give steve bruce the money he needs,its no good building just to get up like most clubs,build a side that gets you up and 50% of the players stay and build round them,then build a ground to fit us long term

Leeds did it when they went bankrupt,sold the ground to some company in manchester and rented it back on a ten year lease,which one expired the ground returned to leeds utd fc ownership,along with their thorpe arch training facility.

If rumours are true leeds are planning to do it again as they are  in the same situation as derby,villa and us.

Looks like another loophole exposed. Eventually the EFL are going to say,  Do what you want with your income  and forget P and S, which i agree with, CLUBS SHOULD DO WHAT THEY WANT WITH THERE MONEY, BUT KEEP THERE HOUSE IN ORDER, if it goes belly up don,t come running to us to bail you out.  There are  a lot of clubs  out there who are  living on the edge of the cliff, eventually one will go over and more will follow.  This is only my opinion.

Edited by ALAN 58

17 hours ago, Bash Street said:

Sounds like a great way out of our dilemma, simple transaction and nothing changes except for funding being available to bolster the team. I can envisage things are going to drastically change in Sheffield over the next 12 months. UTO,WAWAW

Bless