Dejphon Chansiri to buy Hillsborough?

52 minutes ago, iansheff said:

I read that Villa are looking at doing the same if they don't get promoted to the PL. Why shouldn't clubs use their assets to their benefit, the clubs that get relegated from the PL get their parachute payments to cover the high wages they pay the players. Clubs should negotiate contracts that say if we are relegated from the PL then there will be a cut in the wages, as it is, they can keep the supposedly better quality players on high PL wages.

Hmmm... :huh:

... it's a good point, but the consequences could be worrying for many fans.

While a 'one-off' sale of the ground may cover the mess the club are in under FFP, what about the longer term future of the ground?

If the ground is no longer owned by the club then the operational costs (which must be increasing season by season on an ageing stadium) are obviously removed from the clubs 'losses' in exchange for paying 'rent', and so these operational costs are no longer included under FFP.

But these costs don't magically disappear and still need to be paid for out of Mr Tuna's wallet, so what happens if he decides these operational costs have become too much?

By separating the club from the ground he has already made things a lot simpler to just sell off the ground to a third party (assuming there is a demand for new housing/office blocks in the area) and just move the club to a new location (perhaps nearer Barnsley?). :|

he wont do that hes a top owner and has plenty of cash,but if he sells it could be a different matter,but i said he would do it and as we stand its a great idea and will give steve bruce the money he needs,its no good building just to get up like most clubs,build a side that gets you up and 50% of the players stay and build round them,then build a ground to fit us long term

Clever in the short term, pretty sound business but with a risk, like anything really. 

Leeds did it when they went bankrupt,sold the ground to some company in manchester and rented it back on a ten year lease,which one expired the ground returned to leeds utd fc ownership,along with their thorpe arch training facility.

If rumours are true leeds are planning to do it again as they are  in the same situation as derby,villa and us.

Looks like another loophole exposed. Eventually the EFL are going to say,  Do what you want with your income  and forget P and S, which i agree with, CLUBS SHOULD DO WHAT THEY WANT WITH THERE MONEY, BUT KEEP THERE HOUSE IN ORDER, if it goes belly up don,t come running to us to bail you out.  There are  a lot of clubs  out there who are  living on the edge of the cliff, eventually one will go over and more will follow.  This is only my opinion.

Edited by ALAN 58

18 hours ago, zaci said:

It's being reported in the press Dejphon Chansiri is buying Hillsborough and leasing it back to the club!

Eric Taylor will be turning in his grave.:x  Lol.

17 hours ago, Bash Street said:

Sounds like a great way out of our dilemma, simple transaction and nothing changes except for funding being available to bolster the team. I can envisage things are going to drastically change in Sheffield over the next 12 months. UTO,WAWAW

Bless

All for it if it sorts the FFP situation however I wouldn't want the club going back to spending silly if it gives us a surplus. Need to be clever with the money from now on

3 hours ago, ALAN 58 said:

Looks like another loophole exposed. Eventually the EFL are going to say,  Do what you want with your income  and forget P and S, which i agree with, CLUBS SHOULD DO WHAT THEY WANT WITH THERE MONEY, BUT KEEP THERE HOUSE IN ORDER, if it goes belly up don,t come running to us to bail you out.  There are  a lot of clubs  out there who are  living on the edge of the cliff, eventually one will go over and more will follow.  This is only my opinion.

The main crux of the problem stems from the amount the prem lads get once relegated to the championship,its hardly a level playing field,and if there selling off some of their expensive high earners as well that adds to their kitty and they can mop up all the talent at this level.

So you end up with championship clubs over spending to try and keep up,its an issue that needs looking at and addressing.

we are like the rest or most in our league ,we all want to get to the premier and supporters want the same,but we need to get there asap ,BUT stay there long term,many go up little cash and crash back down the year after,but we have a top manager so we have to bankroll him

There is another way.

Appoint a first class manager (and I mean first class), adopt a recruitment policy that attracts hungry, ambitious players and is financially sustainable, create a brave playing style that doesn't mean 'parking the bus'.

Put all these together and you have a chance of getting promotion.

Not easy and I know there are Wednesdayites who want to take the easy, lazy option but it is so fulfilling when it all comes together. 

First of all you need to find a first class manager. 

18 hours ago, staninoodle said:

This story broke in the times 3 days ago..........

DC has spent himself into a corner and this is his answer,if its to finance another managers spending splurge then its futile,a more prudent approach is whats needed.

Weve signed some absolute dross under DC,the wages have spiralled,with barely any outgoings,and weve an injury list as long as penistone road.

Recruitment has to be far smarter and budgets have to be set that keep us well under the ffp radar.

Im not sure I trust this guy chansiri,I know thia people are very honourable.do we trust his integrity?

The  FL will be looking at what we and derby have done,Villa & Leeds both set to follow us as both are on or over the ffp base line no wonder the boro chairman Gibson is spouting off about us,we arent breaking any rules,but we are bending them to suit us and thats what Gibson is mouthing off about.

If wed taken a more stringent,budgeted approach to the transfer market from the off there wouldnt be any need to mortgage the home we live in.

Untill the details of the sale and any future plans are made public Il reserve my judgement,but Ive been less than impressed with Chansiri thus far

First class post

Edited by abbeyedges

If we'd not signed Rhodes for £10m and Van Aaken for £4-5m we wouldn't need to sell the ground

Not sure Wednesday overspent that much relative to the rest of the league, after all we were playing catch up after 15 years of being penniless (for over-spending... !!). What we did do is spend money where it wasn't needed. Did we need Rhodes a week after signing Winnall for example ?

As for the ground... It gets us out of a pickle short term, long term who knows what effect it could have