Man spotted taking photos of children graves park

Talk about complete and total over reaction by the OP. Believe it or not , not every male is a peado , neither is the bogeyman hiding around every corner.

Section 5 states that for the offence, there has to be

(a)uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or

(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting,

Taking a photograph is not threatening, or abusive behaviour. As long as you stay calm the only disorderly behaviour is going to come from the aggrieved.

Similarly for threatening words (which is what the walker I posted about earlier on in the thread was cautioned under I think)

On paper, true, but from my younger protest (peaceful) days I've seen S5 completely misused

To the extent: "Excuse me, that chap over there assaulted me, I think my wrist is broken" - "Really? You must have really annoyed him. I am arresting you for actions likely to cause a breach of the peace, you do not have to say anything but....." - True story

you can not "allow" or refuse. if your in a public place all you can do is accept it.

Of course i can....pick up child and walk away.

As for the asking them to stop / delete photos.....you're confusing me with the OP.

Still, this whole thread has gone OTT anyway. My point is that i wouldn't be comfortable with an unknown individual walking up to my child in a public place, and taking a photo where they are the subject material.

Feel free to tell me how I'm paranoid (again) or remind me of the legalities (again), it isn't going to change how i feel.

What a sad world we live in. Because of the sensationalist media, Internet and generally low IQ anyone taking photographs of children is now a paedophile.

I'm a member of a couple of photography forums and this subject sadly comes up regularly. Children make great subjects because they are completely natural in their behaviour, there is nothing in the least bit sinister about photographing them fully clothed!

Luckily for me I have my own children/nephews and nieces that I can photograph without some halfwit at the local park dragging her/himself away from Facebook to shout abuse at (shock horror) someone taking photos.

I hope children don't grow up too damaged by this over zealous reaction by il-informed parents.

I was filming a scene in Sheffield, maybe 50 yards from some parked cars. As I walked passed them after, a man rolled down his window and asked why I was videoing him. I explained my reasons, I was making
, but he didn't seem too happy.

Neat video!

---------- Post added 04-02-2015 at 13:35 ----------

neither is the bogeyman hiding around every corner.

Hang on, aren't there supposed to be boggarts behind one end of Graves Park?

By all means take photos but not of children!!!

You haven't told us why? Can you put your fear into words?

I hope children don't grow up too damaged by this over zealous reaction by il-informed parents.

quick son, lets run away from the evil camera man.

what sort of lesson would that teach a child?

Over twenty years ago, waiting to leave a train at Sheffield, ahead of me were a mother struggling with a large suitcase and her daughter about 6-7 years old. As I only had a shoulder bag and the small girl was between me and her mother I offered to help the child. The little one cowered away from me, a middle aged woman. Her Mum, seeing my surprise, said "I've taught her to be wary of strangers."

If someone came up to me and accused me of being a paedo and wanted to look at my phone I wouldn't hang about either! I'd think they were about to mug me for my phone or something.

Not very convinced by the OP's story though. Sounds exaggerated.

Yes, cos all paedos openly take photos of fully clothed children in the middle of a park when they could access much worse online. The OP needs to get a grip, not everyone with a camera is a weirdo/pervert/paedo :)

If someone came up to me and accused me of being a paedo and wanted to look at my phone I wouldn't hang about either! I'd think they were about to mug me for my phone or something.

Not very convinced by the OP's story though. Sounds exaggerated.

If some one came up to me and accused my of being a paedo, and wanted to look at my phone, he/she would get my pugnus down there throat.

In today's climate I'm not surprised he went defensive when challenged by an aggressive parent. If the argument escalated the police would get called and would feel obliged to take action. Once action is taken your guilty whether you are completely innocent in some peoples eyes.

Being 16 feet away possibly could well be using a zoom so the kids may not be even been the in shot or it's quite possible he was framing the shot your kids then wandered into it.