Man spotted taking photos of children graves park

jbauto

In ten years time the same children could potentially be posting pictures on twitter,instagram and facebook of themselves drunk,drugged,naked,performing lewd sex acts etc etc where will Mummy and Daddy be then.

Perhaps at that point we should remove the child from its parents.

Guess what, that's exactly what i would have done - as you say, it's not illegal, but going by the posts so far there are plenty of other kids in the park whose parents won't mind.

For some reason, you all seem to assume that i suspect the photographer is a paedophile or other wacko. I make no assumptions about his reasons for taking the pictures, other than i wouldn't want him taking them of my kids.

* I've edited your quote so it appears you're participating in adult discussion.

I've no idea what you think needed editing... You're free to make a partial quote though, as you did.

Just a comparison, would the same fuss be made if the guy had been painting the scene that included kids in the background?

Probably not - depends what he looked like. Some people look weird. I look weird. I make a point of giving kids a wide berth, lest I'm tarred and feathered.

Great bits of history - a picture gives so much reality to an era that can't be conveyed just by words. Imagine if all the parents of those children had taken umbrage.

Yes, indeed. And it's not only the potential dwindling of a photographic record of a chunk of social history, creeping paranoia must surely affect parents' ability to record their own children's activities and achievements due to regulations/guidelines covering photography at schools and children's sporting events.

There's an interesting article here. Some of the quotes and comments are informative and depressing in equal measure.

In ten years time the same children could potentially be posting pictures on twitter,instagram and facebook of themselves drunk,drugged,naked,performing lewd sex acts etc etc where will Mummy and Daddy be then.

Perhaps at that point we should remove the child from its parents.

Quite. We were in Liverpool a few weeks back and went on the big wheel. When we got off they tried to sell us photos of the family going round on the wheel.

So they took our photos. Big deal. Its not as though anyone was naked.

In the early 80's, and a young man, I was one of the first in my area to have a video camera, once I took it on the beach and began to film the crowds, trying to be arty, like French films, etc.I focussed on the interaction between the families, different classes, (how could I tell) close ups of the parents talking to the children, their responses, facial movements, dialogue. Incredible to think now I could be challenged and possibly arrested, though even now in Europe there would be little issue, though I don't think I would film there now, being much older,

when I think about, I was approached by loads of people who wanted to be in the film!