Man spotted taking photos of children graves park

jbauto

I hope children don't grow up too damaged by this over zealous reaction by il-informed parents.

quick son, lets run away from the evil camera man.

what sort of lesson would that teach a child?

Over twenty years ago, waiting to leave a train at Sheffield, ahead of me were a mother struggling with a large suitcase and her daughter about 6-7 years old. As I only had a shoulder bag and the small girl was between me and her mother I offered to help the child. The little one cowered away from me, a middle aged woman. Her Mum, seeing my surprise, said "I've taught her to be wary of strangers."

If someone came up to me and accused me of being a paedo and wanted to look at my phone I wouldn't hang about either! I'd think they were about to mug me for my phone or something.

Not very convinced by the OP's story though. Sounds exaggerated.

If someone came up to me and accused me of being a paedo and wanted to look at my phone I wouldn't hang about either! I'd think they were about to mug me for my phone or something.

Not very convinced by the OP's story though. Sounds exaggerated.

If some one came up to me and accused my of being a paedo, and wanted to look at my phone, he/she would get my pugnus down there throat.

In today's climate I'm not surprised he went defensive when challenged by an aggressive parent. If the argument escalated the police would get called and would feel obliged to take action. Once action is taken your guilty whether you are completely innocent in some peoples eyes.

Being 16 feet away possibly could well be using a zoom so the kids may not be even been the in shot or it's quite possible he was framing the shot your kids then wandered into it.

I was filming a scene in Sheffield, maybe 50 yards from some parked cars. As I walked passed them after, a man rolled down his window and asked why I was videoing him. I explained my reasons, I was making
, but he didn't seem too happy.

It is a paranoid society we live in today.

really enjoyed watching that. Well done and thank you!:):)

Over twenty years ago, waiting to leave a train at Sheffield, ahead of me were a mother struggling with a large suitcase and her daughter about 6-7 years old. As I only had a shoulder bag and the small girl was between me and her mother I offered to help the child. The little one cowered away from me, a middle aged woman. Her Mum, seeing my surprise, said "I've taught her to be wary of strangers."

I think Lenore Skenazy has the right idea:

It’s a very obsessive way of thinking, and it can drive you crazy because . . . I call it “worst first.” You sort of think of the worst possible consequences of every action first which leads to some paralysis. If you think that your kid is going to be abducted in the two blocks walk to school with his friend, you won’t let him walk to school. If you think that the bus driver is possibly a molester, then you won’t let him ride the school bus. What do you end up doing? You end up having to drive them, without thinking of those risks — for some reason driving always gets a pass. You never think about the possibility of him dying in a fiery car crash or choking to death in 30 years due to the emissions that have grown untenable because everybody’s driving their kids to school.

It is a constricting way to think. I think if our parents had thought this way as we were growing up, we couldn’t have walked to school. We couldn’t have ridden our bikes to the library. We couldn’t have spent any time at the public pool without them there. We really would have had a very indoors, quiescent, un-exploring life, which is what we’re giving our kids.

I agree that you should be thinking ahead in terms of the potential dangers that really do exist. I think you really owe it to your kids to teach them very young and very diligently how to cross the street safely. I think you have to teach them how to talk to strangers but don’t go off with strangers. I think you have to teach them how to swim. I think you have to teach them about good touch, bad touch. Most people are good, but if anybody wants to touch you where your bathing suit is, you tell them no. Even if they say, “Don’t tell anybody,” you tell me and I won’t be mad at you.

http://mylittlenomads.com/interview-with-lenore-skenazy-of-free-range-kids

---------- Post added 05-02-2015 at 14:02 ----------

Pretty weird how folk get so uppity when someone has a camera yet don't bat an eyelid when they're likely being filmed in any busy public place...

It's ironic that paranoia is being stoked up to promote commercial and government snooping (think of the terrorists!) and at the same time to prevent personal photography (don't take pictures of children or police).