Man spotted taking photos of children graves park

jbauto

I agree with the op, why would taking photos of my child be of interest to any other than his/her own parents. If its press or someone working on behalf of graves park then they would have a card to support what they are doing. In schools, they have to have signed consent off parents to protect their child. If a parent does not want their child photographed and the consent form does not get signed, then a great amount of preparation has to be put in to ensure that child is not in any photographs. this is incase the family has had to leave an area for fear of violence or abduction of the child and there are real genuine cases out there. Now, if this photographer has took a picture of a child and used it to publicise the park and then printed photos in a public advert stating that the pictures were taken in graves park, then, this could be putting a child at risk. Some sick person who the family are trying to keep away from would go out of their way to try to get to this child, hanging around this park on the off chance that this child would be taken there again and this DOES happen, i m sad to say.

And I'll bet you cannot provide any evidence that stopping photos in public would prevent this.

I assume I'm allowed to put this on here...

Me and my family was on the park next to the café at graves park today..

My partner spotted a man what looked like he was directing the camera straight at my little one...

Simply asked him what he what taking photos off and replied I'm a defensive manner. .snow scenes...

So I said in that case you won't mind showing me then...got very defensive and ran off.....

Looked about late 40s early 50s..

Glasses wooly hat...dark jacket.

I know description isn't that good but wanted to let people know because it's bothering me that I didn't take it further and make sure he didn't have photos of my youngsters

Well I'm assuming that as this is the middle of winter that your kids were wearing rather more clothes than an Escomo. So what are you frightened of a camera picking up that the general public couldn't see whilst you were walking around the park.

If it worries you that folk might see your kids lock them up behind thick curtains and don't let them have a mobile phone or a facebook account whatever you do.

---------- Post added 02-02-2015 at 13:28 ----------

Hilarious!! So you don't have any photos of your own kids or relatives? God forbid that you might have taken a photo in a public place which happened to have children in it. I hope you burned them all if you discovered they did.

I take it you've now bought a burka or other suitable fully-enclosed protective garment so no-one can see your children at all..........better to be safe than sorry. :rolleyes:

eyemere, don't be silly, they'd have been posing for photos if it was a woman! ;)

I was at the footy on Saturday. There was a film crew. They didn't ask permission from the crowd of 15000. Disgusting innit?

I'm surprised these photographers didn't get beaten to death with a shovel. Oh, wait a minute, that might be because the photos were taken before the media tried to convince everyone that paedophiles lurk on every corner and everyone with a camera aimed at a group of children playing happily has nefarious intent.

Sorry but it's a well known fact peados only take photos in colour...

jb

Edited by barleycorn

I was at the footy on Saturday. There was a film crew. They didn't ask permission from the crowd of 15000. Disgusting innit?

Wonder how they get on with all these kids that are subject to these court orders, I mean there must be loads of them in a stadium that size.... I presume that the film crew would in fact get a list from teh ticket sales so they know which areas of the crowd they cannot film.... :suspect:

:hihi:

And I'll bet you cannot provide any evidence that stopping photos in public would prevent this.

I have been to various school plays and nativities (as a parent, I hasten to add :hihi:) and there are folk filming and snappping away throughout the event. they could be anyone!! The school puts a weasel worded "disclaimer" out.. Not sure what else can be done other than scanning for, then confiscating, all such equipment. A real PR success for the school! It is the world we live in, and many people, me included, wish it were otherwise.

You want to try talking to the kids during lunch hours. That's even more fun to watch the staff have a hysterical reaction.... photographing them during a school play is small beans possibly.

I'll bet none of those kids being photographed will suffer anything but mild trauma as a teenager when parents get the photos out to show their first girl/boyfreind what they looked like at school...

:hihi:

I have been to various school plays and nativities (as a parent, I hasten to add :hihi:) and there are folk filming and snappping away throughout the event. they could be anyone!! The school puts a weasel worded "disclaimer" out.. Not sure what else can be done other than scanning for, then confiscating, all such equipment. A real PR success for the school! It is the world we live in, and many people, me included, wish it were otherwise.

You just can't imagine the damage it can do to find the school nativity play up on a friends Facebook site before you get to post it yourself.

I just wonder how it is possible to go sledging in the park and take a few photos of your own kids to send to their aunt in Australia without getting beaten up by a paranoid parent of some other kid worried about the damage caused by their child being caught in the corner of the frame and wearing nothing more than a full set of sledging gear and wooly mittens.

You just can't imagine the damage it can do to find the school nativity play up on a friends Facebook site before you get to post it yourself.

I just wonder how it is possible to go sledging in the park and take a few photos of your own kids to send to their aunt in Australia without getting beaten up by a paranoid parent of some other kid worried about the damage caused by their child being caught in the corner of the frame and wearing nothing more than a full set of sledging gear and wooly mittens.

Christ on a bike!

He wasn't taking photos of his own kid was he.

Also, Parents at a play would have good reason to take a picture / video of their and others children

We're talking about a complete stranger in the park, taking a deliberate photo of the Op's child.