Are Both Sets Of Fans Happy?.

To be in the Championship next season.

I know a lot of Blades have been saying they can't wait to see the back of the Premiership and roll on next season.

We've gotta give Top a bit of credit for his comments on the Premiership it's not all it's made out to be but what do you do?.

A team always wants to do well in the League it plays in so promotion is part of that.

At the other side of the City Wednesday fans are hoping for Championship football so it looks like both sets of fans will be happy next season.

Sensible replies are preferred.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

I know a lot of Blades have been saying they can't wait to see the back of the Premiership and roll on next season.

We've gotta give Top a bit of credit for his comments on the Premiership it's not all it's made out to be but what do you do?.

A team always wants to do well in the League it plays in so promotion is part of that.

At the other side of the City Wednesday fans are hoping for Championship football so it looks like both sets of fans will be happy next season.

Happy to stay up but promotion is still the goal. United had a great season in the Prem in 19/20 and it should have been the platform to push on. I’d love to see Wednesday in the same position.
No club has ever turned down promotion.

• Like 1

Id have taken 21st place back in august, Ive watched sport long enough to know we arent yet safe, but its looking likely.

Its been, as ever watching Wednesday, a rollercoaster season, hopefully chansiri can match Rohls ambitions, the up coming meeting will paint Rohls future, hopefully we can keep hold of him and bring in the players to shove us further up the table without the need for luck and final day nerves.

No surprises from me about the change Id love to see at s6.

Be nice to have Sheffield derbies back again, its been too long, sounds like some rebuilding will take place across the city, youd expect united to be strong contenders for promotion, but new players take time to gel.

Close season will be big for both sides of the city.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

I'm reasonably happy.

It will be nice to have Blades n Owls competing in the same league..

I'm unhappy about the Blades getting relegated, but we knew that from day one.

At least the Owls have kept us on the edges of our seats till the last kick.

Funny thing is, it's like the Owls are getting promoted again.

I've had to buy a pair of boxing gloves for Saturday, my nails are already chewed to the bone..

Keep Kicking guys    

• Like 2

We all want our respective clubs playing at the highest level possible, unfortunately the Premier League has become more focused on keeping it’s most saleable assets at the top of the pile that it cares nothing about anything else and will do any underhanded tactic to make sure this happens, it’s ruined/ruining the game for me and trashing the history of the game at it’s very foundations, I’m not a fan of it at all and more and more fans appear to be in agreement.

Having said that I’d possibly like to see the Owls attain the status for at least a season to end the 20 odd year hoodoo. I’ve enjoyed the football under Rohl apart from a few blips the games have been good to watch, my match day remains the same despite what league we are in and I hope to leave the ground at the end satisfied with what I’ve watched, the Championship has been very competitive this time round and will be right to the last day, we’ve a last push to stay in it coming up but if we do the future looks fairly bright, there is a black cloud in the form of Chansiri hovering to change all that though.

As for United they obviously need a rebuild, they will probably need to do that on a lesser budget than before but Wilder has shown he can do that, can he regain that magic only time will tell, they will have a strong squad and the right infrastructure to challenge again I think, it’s a pity the ultimate prize is such a tarnished spectacle.

• Like 3

I'm happy that we'll be playing in the Championship next season. It just seems like proper football and you can actually celebrate goals properly knowing there's no VAR. Unless we get a wealthy owner like Brighton who could establish us as a mid-table Premier League side, then I'm happy to stay in the Championship for the next decade, because we've shown that we can't compete at the top level as things stand.

Edited by Vrsaljko
  • Like 1

Agree with all that you said there about there about the premiership tops. I took would still want us to get there to say we can do it and the money boost for the club but relegation scraps every season not so much.

Us Wednesday fans can't be unhappy with how the season has gone/finished providing we stay up. Can we get the players in to push us up the league though, not so sure about that.

United fans I suppose you have to be disappointed with the season, no fan is happy with relegation whatever league it's from but it went pretty much you you expected. A big rebuild on the cards for both clubs.

On a side note is Archer only on loan to you? I read a report that under the terms of the agreement he will go back to Boro this summer. I thought it was permanent with the fee you paid though.

• Like 1

I'd rather be in the Premiership than the Championship any day.  I don't get this "I'd rather be in the Championship!", nonsense.  Surely any fan wants to see their club at the top of of the tree trying to compete with some of the best teams in Europe & the best players in the world.  That's what professional players want. 

You never hear fans stating,  "I'm glad we've dropped into the Conference.  That Football League is so overrated.   And at least the pubs are quiet after the match."

Only thing I can say detrimental about the Premiership is that its no fun if you can't compete while you're in it.   But that's not the fault of the division itself or the other teams in it. 

Downwards, onwards & upwards, hopefully. 

UTB! 

• Like 1

hope  wednesday stay up keep ROHL  and if hes given a budget like this season plus a bit to spend that will be okay as he will get better value for money,  FOR UNITED thats easy they will go straight back with all that cash no problem.

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I'd rather be in the Premiership than the Championship any day.  I don't get this "I'd rather be in the Championship!", nonsense.  Surely any fan wants to see their club at the top of of the tree trying to compete with some of the best teams in Europe & the best players in the world.  That's what professional players want. 

You never hear fans stating,  "I'm glad we've dropped into the Conference.  That Football League is so overrated.   And at least the pubs are quiet after the match."

Only thing I can say detrimental about the Premiership is that its no fun if you can't compete while you're in it.   But that's not the fault of the division itself or the other teams in it. 

Downwards, onwards & upwards, hopefully. 

UTB! 

Its the fault of the people who control the division though, rule changes etc are all for the benefit of the clubs who bring in the most worldwide TV money.

The gap is getting too big for teams to be able to compete, the gap between conference/L2 isn't hence Wrexhams rise.