Strong winds Monday

Anyone seen the panic merchants stripping the shop shelves yet ? The ones who buy enough food to feed a small country at the first sign of a bit of bad weather.

---------- Post added 27-10-2013 at 16:58 ----------

Well it looks like there will be no train into London for me to catch tomorrow, they've said they won't be starting running until after 9am to allow them to check the line.

I take it they will be trotting out the old "Leaves on the track " excuse . :hihi:

Omg. What is with everyone going mad panic buying.

Went to Morrisons early for Chocolate supplies and it was manic :(

Won't somebody please think of the children? :hihi:

Come on you lot man up a bit,anyone who was around in1962 will have lived through a real Sheffield storm,i lived on Shirecliffe then and the slates were blowing off the roofs ten to dozen and all i could think about was my motorbike stood in the back yard so no more to do got up dragged my tired body outside ,dodge the flying slate and pushed it back into the entry between the houses,went back to bed and nodded off listening to the slates sliding down the roof.The next morning there were garages upside down with cars still in them, most people had big holes in the roof, wreckage everywhere and not forgetting those poor people at Skyedge with their homes gone.What did we do just got on with things and did the best we could.we we had none or very little warning but at the end of it all people rallied round and got stuck in.Whats happened to you lot today get some beef stew and dumplings inside you instead of big macs.If the buses wernt running people walked to work i did on many occasions from Shirecliffe to the bottom of Manor Lane ,wish I could do it now.

I remember that night in 1962 very well ( I was 7 years old at the time ) My dad who was a self employed taxi driver had gone to work but he had to return home as it was too dangerous to drive in. When I got up the next morning there was a complete garage in the middle of the road ! This was up the top of Shiregreen. Walking through Woolley Woods afterwards there were loads of massive trees down.

I remember that night in 1962 very well ( I was 7 years old at the time ) My dad who was a self employed taxi driver had gone to work but he had to return home as it was too dangerous to drive in. When I got up the next morning there was a complete garage in the middle of the road ! This was up the top of Shiregreen. Walking through Woolley Woods afterwards there were loads of massive trees down.
Yeah, and he survived,there were no merchants of doom around then or supermarkets to stock up from we had what was in the pantry.

Why do

I find it so funny when that area of the country gets lousy weather?

Because your an idiot?

Stocked up on bread, milk, tins of beans, corned beef etc....

Survival rations that should last 6 months and so should see out the storm.

Needed 4 trollyloads for all the bread though

Stocked up on bread, milk, tins of beans, corned beef etc....

Survival rations that should last 6 months and so should see out the storm.

Needed 4 trollyloads for all the bread though

Did you remember bog roll? :D

Come on you lot man up a bit,anyone who was around in1962 will have lived through a real Sheffield storm,i lived on Shirecliffe then and the slates were blowing off the roofs ten to dozen and all i could think about was my motorbike stood in the back yard so no more to do got up dragged my tired body outside ,dodge the flying slate and pushed it back into the entry between the houses,went back to bed and nodded off listening to the slates sliding down the roof.The next morning there were garages upside down with cars still in them, most people had big holes in the roof, wreckage everywhere and not forgetting those poor people at Skyedge with their homes gone.What did we do just got on with things and did the best we could.we we had none or very little warning but at the end of it all people rallied round and got stuck in.Whats happened to you lot today get some beef stew and dumplings inside you instead of big macs.If the buses wernt running people walked to work i did on many occasions from Shirecliffe to the bottom of Manor Lane ,wish I could do it now.

When you have finished reading that copy of the Daily Mail, perhaps you'd like to remind yourself that its 2013 and not 1962

Society has changed

---------- Post added 27-10-2013 at 17:28 ----------

Forgot that, have to use our hands when the loo roll has ran out I guess

Seems like he's got lots of bread, if it's sliced he could always use that !!!!! :hihi:

Classic Simpsons! :cool:

What..had to do it..