Norfolk Arms Dixon Lane.

Better known as the bottom of lane it gets a lot of mentions on here.

A few people have run it and worked there a few I remember are Charlie and Shirley Bean who went to live in Skegness but since Charlie passed away Shirley has moved to Barlow to be near he family, we keep in touch.

Little Gerry and Pat who had the Britannia  on Attercliffe and later the Sheffield Arms, they went to Benidorm with us about 40 years ago.

Jim and his Mrs who now live in Skegness and go in the Archers most afternoons.

Lots more staff I could mention it's always been a popular pub a good starting point for a Town pub crawl, full of characters and reasonably priced drinks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alextopman said:

A few people have run it and worked there a few I remember are Charlie and Shirley Bean who went to live in Skegness but since Charlie passed away Shirley has moved to Barlow to be near he family, we keep in touch.

Little Gerry and Pat who had the Britannia  on Attercliffe and later the Sheffield Arms, they went to Benidorm with us about 40 years ago.

Lots more staff I could mention it's always been a popular pub a good starting point for a Town pub crawl, full of characters and reasonably priced drinks.

Norfolk Arms and the Britt were both regular calls for me in the 60s, I have some remembrance of the landlords/ landladies but not there names. Can you please refresh my memory of those times and who was the lady who played the piano in the Norfolk Arms, the one who seemed to be able to play any tune you named or even sang or whistled.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Boginspro said:

Norfolk Arms and the Britt were both regular calls for me in the 60s, I have some remembrance of the landlords/ landladies but not there names. Can you please refresh my memory of those times and who was the lady who played the piano in the Norfolk Arms, the one who seemed to be able to play any tune you named or even sang or whistled.

I remember two Women playing the piano over the years but don't remember their names.

The 60's was a bit before my time.

Edited by Alextopman

I remember Charlie and Shirley well - I used to work for them behind the bar when they had the Pen Nook at Deepcar for a couple of years. They used to have the Buckenham in Pitsmoor before that.

They moved to the Norfolk more or less the same time as I moved to Sheffield - about May 1977. Often used to pop in to say hello on a Saturday lunch when I was shopping in the market, or make it my first port of call on a Saturday night if drinking in town. Shirley's dad, Les, used to collect glasses.

Their lad, Darren. a spotty teenager when I was at the Nook, had the Gower in Pitsmoor, must have been mid 80's when I played cricket at the Redball Centre. I think Charlie also may have owned the bowling club in Nether Edge.

Brilliant couple to work for.

8 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

I remember two Women playing the piano over the years but don't remember their names.

The 60's was a bit before my time.

Lol - when Charlie and Shirley had the Norfolk the bloke who played the piano had orthopaedic shoes which must have been a size 13 at least. I would describe his playing as more percussive than melodic.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Jerry and pat had the golden ball on Cliffe as well 👍

• Like 1