Strong winds Monday

I've nailed boards on all the windows and built a survivalist shelter in my cellar. it's not the wind I fear but the cannibal zombie plague in its wake.

I've nailed boards on all the windows and built a survivalist shelter in my cellar. it's not the wind I fear but the cannibal zombie plague in its wake.

do strong winds result in the formation of cannibal zombies?

Cupboards stocked - check

Freezer stocked - check

Phone on Charge - check

3DS XL on charge - check

Candles - check

Batteries...damnit ah well

I'm good. Not too keen on having a tree near the house though.

I'm good. Not too keen on having a tree near the house though.

perhaps by this time tomorrow you wont :)

perhaps by this time tomorrow you wont :)

As long as it doesn't fall the way of our house. All 3 are on the neighbours garden and not ours. Plus we just had a new fence put up recently...yeah don't wanna deal with THAT.

I will be on M1 middle of the night.

do strong winds result in the formation of cannibal zombies?

can do - depends on the type of wind - has to be cannibal zombie wind which this might be - can't be complacent.

Just had a 35mph gust in Chapeltown, strongest I've seen for a long time and the storm is no where near yet. :o

Just had a 35mph gust in Chapeltown, strongest I've seen for a long time and the storm is no where near yet. :o

Just said to wife, I think it was 2 years ago (might be last year) we had a day of wind that was constant not just gusts, and that was horrid to listen to and they got up to 60-80mph and lasted all day. In fact that was explained as a freak of conditions and only happens every now and then.

No my post said people like you, I was being polite;

You're gonna have to say what you mean I'm afraid. I don't follow you. If you want to call me names, just call me names.

I think you've bleated out an old, pretty unfair cliche, someone's brought you to task about it, and you don't like it. So you have to turn it in to some kind of, 'you think you're so clever' arguement. Nope, I'm not any smarter than you or anyone else. Just prepared to look at the real facts, not just selective memory recognition.

Anyway, enough of that crap. I'm 4 floors up in town and it's getting very windy but not to a degree that I haven't already experienced up here already this year. It's the rain I'm more concerned about - they're saying that south of the likely path of the storm will get the worst of the wind, the north (us) will get the worst of the rain.

Not looking forward to the drive to work in the morning but can't be helped I guess! Must remember not to wear a floaty skirt or bother straightening my hair :D

Just spoke to my Dad in South Wales...he says it's getting pretty blustery already and the sky is black over the valley....his preparation plan is make sure his vintage car is covered up then pick up a curry and some beers later!

You're gonna have to say what you mean I'm afraid. I don't follow you. If you want to call me names, just call me names.

I think you've bleated out an old, pretty unfair cliche, someone's brought you to task about it, and you don't like it. So you have to turn it in to some kind of, 'you think you're so clever' arguement. Nope, I'm not any smarter than you or anyone else. Just prepared to look at the real facts, not just selective memory recognition.

Anyway, enough of that crap. I'm 4 floors up in town and it's getting very windy but not to a degree that I haven't already experienced up here already this year. It's the rain I'm more concerned about - they're saying that south of the likely path of the storm will get the worst of the wind, the north (us) will get the worst of the rain.

No bud I ain't calling you names, I'm trying to point out that weathermen aren't infallible and don't predict perfect every-time, I'm trying to show you they're not.

I try not to get into name calling, unless someone is rude & you haven't been in the slightest, so does not necessitate. Like I say the wind we get used to where we live, but I hate with a passion wind & rain combined; I don't work anymore so won't have the awful journey lots will get.