Sheffield's potholes

Only so SCC can monitor Amey's performance.

I still see the responsibity for the state of our roads being with the Council, the only difference now is that they're using a 3rd party Contractor in Amey to carry out the works.

If Amey don't perform they will be answerable to the Council....I assume there will be a Contract in place between SCC and Amey with damages clauses if they fail to perform.

My tax goes to the Council, therefore as far as I'm concerned they are responsible for providing me with a certain level of service for my money, I couldn't really care who they employ to provide that service, as long as it's acceptable.

Regards

Doom

Watched the council fill a pot hole that was full of water. I asked if the water made the repair workd better. I got told to "F" off. so I did and reported what was said to the council. That was 2 mths back. Me thinks they are too busy to respond to complaints.

You'd pay more than a couple of quid for a ride like that at Blackpool Pleasure Beach......you should be grateful to Sheffield City Council for giving you such good value for money. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

I hadn't thought of that - Sheffield's own rollercoaster ride :hihi:

Edited by Glennis

I use an app called 'Fix My Street'. I reported a large pot hole at the entrance to our estate last week.

You take a photo with the app and it get a GPS fix and upload, they then send you an email link to complete the report on their website.

It took me all of 2 minutes to do. I reported it around 9am Thursday morning and got an email back at 10.50am on Saturday to say that the issue had been fixed! Sure enough, I went out on Saturday lunchtime and the hole was filled!!

Sam

Cornwall - where roads are like silk and where they don't get potholes :cool:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-12564758

---------- Post added 19-02-2013 at 21:19 ----------

Aaaah, the racetrack smooth roads of Nottinghamshire :cool:

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Notts-roads-riddled-potholes-complaints-soar/story-18182040-detail/story.html#axzz2LNkj7NZ0

Aaaaah, the BBC! I prefer the evidence of my own eyes thanks for your copy and paste. Must be great knowing all about the world thanks to the highly truthful and accurate BBC. :loopy: