Sheffield's potholes

Seems to me it's a bit like some of the dodgy posts on the Sheffield Forum. If they don't get reported, then nobody knows it's a problem, and nothing will be done to address the issue. It's the same with the council presumably. If it doesn't get reported, then how will they know there's a problem somewhere? They're not clairvoyant!

Just a thought!

Previous to the contract with Amey, the council would repair every pot hole that was reported to them that was a certain size / depth. What the council and now Amey need is for people to actually report when there is a problem.

Hopefully the new project to re-surface every road in the city will lead to a big improvement. It's not going to happen overnight though, so pot holes still need to be reported to make sure they get fixed.

As an aside, i've never caused any damage to any vehicle i've been driving because of a pot hole or a speed bump. The condition of the roads has probably had an impact on my car longer term and mean parts need replacing more frequently. But the parts are also consumables and not designed to last for ever.

Also in my opinion, the roads around Sheffield are no better or worse than any major city that i've been to. I travel a lot around the country so feel i've got a reasonable insight in to the roads else where.

I can see the point in reporting the uber potholes, but there seems little point in reporting the rest because there are so many of them.

As I posted on a previous thread, if I was to report Potholes I'd list the location as 'High Green' and when it asks me to be more specific, I'd have to put 'all of it'. :D

Regards

Doom

No it isn't. SCC haven't been responsible for highway maintenance since last August.

Amey will be answerable to Sheffield City Council.

Potholes and any other problems are still reported through the SCC website.

Regards

Doom

have you reported it?

I've reported potholes before and the website requests specifics (ie. House number or junction).

I'm not sure you can report a whole estate and there seems little point because the Council are quite clearly already aware of it.

Wortley Road, Thompson Hill, Fosters Way are all a disgrace, but patting down a few bits of tarmac in the bigger holes is like putting a sticking plaster over a gaping wound......They'll soon enough pop out again.

Our roads should never have been allowed to reach this state, but at least a long term (if it's done right) solution is finally being carried out.

Regards

Doom

cant stand the roads in Sheffield. My suspension makes all sorts of noises now and so did my last car within a few months of buying it. The roads need to be sorted, I know its a long process but it seems like no work has really started. Just on my local run to the shops I am constantly dodging big potholes and I mean the size that would bend your wheel without a doubt if gone over in speed.