Sheffield's potholes

Afternoon all,

Been driving on Sheffield roads for past five years using a couple different cars. Never wrecked or damaged any go over potholes, either i'm lucky or have yet to hit a really bad one. Whilst i agree a lot need filling, how much of the damage is down to drivers speeding across them or failing to perform regular maintenance on their cars? Seem's a lot of people these days expect their cars to just work without lifting a finger. How many of these damaged cars have had an odd rattling noise in weeks/months leading up to hitting a pothole?

just my ramblings....

Aaaaah, the BBC! I prefer the evidence of my own eyes thanks for your copy and paste. Must be great knowing all about the world thanks to the highly truthful and accurate BBC. :loopy:

Since when was the Nottingham Post the BBC? And what exactly was wrong with the BBC story from Cornwall?

Do you ever travel outside Sheffield - the evidence of my own eyes is that there are potholes just about everywhere in the country - some belters on the A57 going into Manchester for example..........

Afternoon all,

Been driving on Sheffield roads for past five years using a couple different cars. Never wrecked or damaged any go over potholes, either i'm lucky or have yet to hit a really bad one. Whilst i agree a lot need filling, how much of the damage is down to drivers speeding across them or failing to perform regular maintenance on their cars? Seem's a lot of people these days expect their cars to just work without lifting a finger. How many of these damaged cars have had an odd rattling noise in weeks/months leading up to hitting a pothole?

just my ramblings....

My car is regularly serviced twice a year. The car is inspected weekly with on the drive inspections of all the major points like brakes, tyres , fluids and windscreens. My car had past its annual test not 3 weeks before it suffered with 3 shattered springs and a broken front shock. The car passed the test so the springs and shocks were up to MOT standards.

Granted my vehicle suffers 450 miles through it a week , but is inspected and repaired if needed.

Like I said in the other post I sorted the shocks out within 2 days of them failing, it was the fact the car swerved into the oncoming lane and nearly into a bus stop with 3 young girls stood at the side of it. Now with the time being 6:45am this wasn't an issue but imagine same thing happening a little later say 9am when its droves of 4x4's and people carriers for the school run. The car wasn't speeding , I wasn't driving like a prat, I was just chugging along at a steady 30mph into an hours run to work in Newark.

On our street deerlands avenue is a series of patches that somehow classes as a road. These patches are sometimes like deerlands as bad as potholes because the road surface is so uneven , so random and loose its just as dangerous.

Since when was the Nottingham Post the BBC? And what exactly was wrong with the BBC story from Cornwall?

Do you ever travel outside Sheffield - the evidence of my own eyes is that there are potholes just about everywhere in the country - some belters on the A57 going into Manchester for example..........

Did you actually read my original post or were you so desperate to find fault that you didn't bother? If you want to know what is wrong with the BBC story I suggest you travel to Cornwall and find out. The potholes (AS I SAID IN MY OP) are repaired very quickly. I didn't say:

"Cornwall - where roads are like silk and where they don't get potholes"

Stop trying to be clever and actually read what people post before running off to Google in an attempt to make them look wrong.

Who mentioned the A57? Or Manchester? Or Nottingham?:huh:

• 4 weeks later...