Do Disabled People Mind If I Park In Their Space?

Part of the problem regarding disabled badges has been the misuse by some drivers using them when the badge holder isn't even in the car.

When my OH was severely disabled by heart failure (many years ago/pre his bypass) we didn't know he was entitled to any help, ie a blue badge. But we overcame his inability to walk far by my dropping him off where he needed to be, then parking up and walking to meet him.

Anyone who can walk unimpaired should be ashamed if they take up a disabled parking space just to save a few yards. But, as we live in a 'me, me' society, I'm not surprised some people think its ok to do just that.

There were no (zero) spaces left for the able bodied so I parked in one of the many disabled spaces left. I don't see what the problem with that is. Unless 20-30 disabled people arrived all at once then they would still have found a place to park.

And when there's only one space left to park in, whether it be abled or disabled, then who has the right to park in it? I don't see that the disabled have any precedent of right over the able bodied for the last parking space.

A decent person would not even construct a question or choice where none exists.

I'm not sure you can always judge with your eyes. The apparently able bodied person using the disabled loo might have IBS or a stoma. The person in the disabled bay may have a blue badge or be collecting someone. What is wrong is for the person who thinks it does not matter. People always lie.

There were no (zero) spaces left for the able bodied so I parked in one of the many disabled spaces left. I don't see what the problem with that is. Unless 20-30 disabled people arrived all at once then they would still have found a place to park.

And when there's only one space left to park in, whether it be abled or disabled, then who has the right to park in it? I don't see that the disabled have any precedent of right over the able bodied for the last parking space.

Perhaps you're just lacking in good manners or any social etiquette :roll:

Perhaps you're just lacking in good manners or any social etiquette :roll:

What would the person with good manners and social etiquette do? Leave and go to another supermarket?

---------- Post added 23-12-2012 at 11:18 ----------

Anyone who can walk unimpaired should be ashamed if they take up a disabled parking space just to save a few yards. But, as we live in a 'me, me' society, I'm not surprised some people think its ok to do just that.

The only person I knew with a disabled badge revelled in it. He was perfectly able bodied, but still qualified for a blue badge because he had HIV.

But, as we live in a 'me, me' society, I'm not surprised some people think its ok to do just that.

I blame the neo-liberal experiment in the Thatcher years for that

ahhh neo- liberal experiment.. i didnt kbow about that..was it something to do with replacing neanderthal nick cleggs brain with some type of very cheap brick ?

The only person I knew with a disabled badge revelled in it. He was perfectly able bodied, but still qualified for a blue badge because he had HIV.

I'd like to see the criteria for issuing blue badges, I've never heard that having HIV would qualify someone for one.

1, private car park so no need to display a blue badge

2, just because they don't look "disabled" doesn't mean they are not.

so you really have no idea if she was entitled to park in this space or not, you need to apply some of your judgements you made in your post and apply them to yourself and your attitude.