Do Disabled People Mind If I Park In Their Space?

I personally, if I was disabled, wouldn't mind someone using them for things like that. However where I work, there is only 1 disabled space, and some undesirable fella parked in it, and a gent had to park further away, it's not the biggest car park, but he could barely walk, that's when I begin to get annoyed. Also, in the same car park, a gent parked in the disabled spot (had a badge) and some guy, to save walking 5 feet from the next space parked behind him, and the old fella had to wait near on 20 minutes before he could leave the car park.

Forgive her, she obviously moved to Sheffield after living in Essex, no doubt one of those dumb Essex blondes you read about.

Oops your bad, never lived in essex, she is infact He, and i can construct a reasoned argument, i dont resort to snide comments, i grew up!!

Is this from a Lou Reed song,Take a Walk in through Brightside?

I've only ever seen one disabled bay outside a house, just off Eccy road I'll not say where, but I think if you're going to be allowed to paint a disabled spot outside your house, you should have a serious mobility issue.

Cause blue badges are chucked at anybody these days, I see it all the time in Meadowhall people hopping out of they 4X4s with Blue Badges in the window or hauling 10 bags of Christmas shopping to their boot.

I have a blue badge. I have a 4x4. I pop into Meadowhall and come out with bags.

What you don't see is my disability. You don't see that every step I take has to be thought through and I have to balance myself. You don't see that even a short walk gives significant pain to the extent I have major painkillers before I start and after even the shortest of shopping visits I cannot do anything else physically. You don't see that each shopping trip is less than 10 minutes with a number of rest periods in between. You don't see that 4x4s are often easier to get in and out of because of their height.

Before you start ranting about being a drain on society I hold an executive position and pay significant taxes.

Not all disabilities are visible - next time think about what you don't see.

Just a thought.

As I visited Argos today I parked in the disabled parking spaces because the item I was picking up was heavy. I thought they wouldn't mind me using their space for a short period and the odds of a large amount of disabled people visiting all at once was remote anyway. There were numerous empty spots.

Did I do right? and if you are disabled do you mind others using the parking spaces reserved for you, when there's numerous ones unused?

If you're not disabled do you think that it is selfish to reserve something in the hope that they will be used? When they never all are. Why do disabled people not have to suffer the same inconveniences like anyone else and sometimes have to wait for an appropriate parking spot.

I'm not having a go at disabled people and the usual anti disabled bay moan... Just some thoughts while I sat there waiting for my number to come up.....:suspect:

Park in a normal space, then bring the car to the shop if you're not strong enough to carry your shopping.

I hate it when people without children park in parent and baby spaces, never mind disabled spaces.

I hope you've been caught on camera and the fine comes through your letterbox on Christmas eve!

Park in a normal space, then bring the car to the shop if you're not strong enough to carry your shopping.

I hate it when people without children park in parent and baby spaces, never mind disabled spaces.

I hope you've been caught on camera and the fine comes through your letterbox on Christmas eve!

Ok thanks, happy christmas to you as well...:hihi::suspect:

Just a thought.

As I visited Argos today I parked in the disabled parking spaces because the item I was picking up was heavy. I thought they wouldn't mind me using their space for a short period and the odds of a large amount of disabled people visiting all at once was remote anyway. There were numerous empty spots.

Did I do right? and if you are disabled do you mind others using the parking spaces reserved for you, when there's numerous ones unused?

If you're not disabled do you think that it is selfish to reserve something in the hope that they will be used? When they never all are. Why do disabled people not have to suffer the same inconveniences like anyone else and sometimes have to wait for an appropriate parking spot.

I'm not having a go at disabled people and the usual anti disabled bay moan... Just some thoughts while I sat there waiting for my number to come up.....:suspect:

I don't see a problem with it, as long as there is a space for say a disabled person arriving. I know that the shops that put the spaces up can get snotty, I also know that at Asda at Handsworth if someone parks in a spot, it used to ask if they were eligible to use it.

I've only ever seen one disabled bay outside a house, just off Eccy road I'll not say where, but I think if you're going to be allowed to paint a disabled spot outside your house, you should have a serious mobility issue.

No-one other than the Local Highway Authority can paint 'disabled' bays on the carriageway.

Cause blue badges are chucked at anybody these days, I see it all the time in Meadowhall people hopping out of they 4X4s with Blue Badges in the window or hauling 10 bags of Christmas shopping to their boot.

I didn't have mine "chucked at me" I don't drive but now my daughter can take me if I need to go anywhere and park up safe for me, that is not too far of a walk for me. I take it from your flippant comments that you are either not disabled, or don't know anyone that has to cope with disability.

Or, are a TOTAL bonehead.