Do Disabled People Mind If I Park In Their Space?

What if 2 people arrive at the same time, for the one remaining disabled bay in the car park.

Person 1, has a blue badge, while person 2 doesn't. However, because of a recent sporting injury, person 2 has a LOT more pain and physical difficulty in getting around.

Why should get the spot?

Person 1 is in CONSTANT pain all the time, all day every day, week in week out and it never goes away !!!!

Person 2 has a sporting injury which is causing him/her some pain !!!

Who should get the spot ? A silly question.

The bloke I knew got a free car too as part of the Motability scheme, but he was perfectly able bodied, although sadly he died quite suddenly in 2009 of liver cancer.

Well as the criteria have been posted it's clear that being HIV+ doesn't qualify you for motability or a badge. So either you are mistaken, or you didn't know the whole story, or he somehow managed to completely scam the system.

[/b]

I didn't have mine "chucked at me" I don't drive but now my daughter can take me if I need to go anywhere and park up safe for me, that is not too far of a walk for me. I take it from your flippant comments that you are either not disabled, or don't know anyone that has to cope with disability.

Or, are a TOTAL bonehead.

Hmm, well the reason I commented in the first place was because it annoys me. My dad has an actual mobility issue, he has a blue badge because he literally can't walk more than a few steps and it's blindingly obvious.

My point is this, if you walk fine, you don't need a blue badge. Whether it's 'visible' or not. If you can walk, you can walk.

My point is this, if you walk fine, you don't need a blue badge. Whether it's 'visible' or not. If you can walk, you can walk.

NO, NO, NO you are totally wrong.

My mom who is 85 years old suffers from emphysema which is a very debilitating illness. Her legs work fine but she cannot walk just a few feet without being in extreme pain breathing. So in your opinion she doesn't need a blue badge !!! ??? :loopy:

NO, NO, NO you are totally wrong.

My mom who is 85 years old suffers from emphysema which is a very debilitating illness. Her legs work fine but she cannot walk just a few feet without being in extreme pain breathing. So in your opinion she doesn't need a blue badge !!! ??? :loopy:

Well that's not walking fine then is it?

I walk through Meadowhall carpark every day to get to work, I see it all the time. 90% of them can walk fine.

You mean that they appear to be walking fine from what you can see in a few seconds of observation?

The only reason people are being so defensive about it is because I bet most people on this thread have blue badges and they're convincing themselves that they're iller than they really are.

My point is this, if you can walk around Meadowhall for an hour without a stick, then parking a few meters further away from the door isn't going to make any difference.

Well that's not walking fine then is it?

I walk through Meadowhall carpark every day to get to work, I see it all the time. 90% of them can walk fine.

To look at her she ' appears' fine but she is far from it.

If you saw her from a distance you would obviously make the wrong assumption.

" I see it all the time. 90% of them can walk fine " You're assuming they can !!

You haven't a clue what you're talking about.

I find your post very offensive.

To look at her she ' appears' fine but she is far from it.

If you saw her from a distance you would obviously make the wrong assumption.

" I see it all the time. 90% of them can walk fine " You're assuming they can !!

You haven't a clue what you're talking about.

I find your post very offensive.

Right, well I'm afraid if you find my post offensive then that's your problem and you'll have to find your own ways to deal with it. I'm posting my opinion whilst staying within forum rules, it's not my problem that you don't like what I'm saying.

The Government is apparently trying to seek out those who are wrongly claiming disability, I suggest they get down to Meadowhall car park, they're ten a penny there.

And for the record, the only people who should have a problem with my post are those who have a blue badge but don't really need one? Surely? Because if somebody knows that they have big problems walking then they know I'm clearly not referring to them.

I don't know why you're being so defensive? I think only those who don't really need a blue badge would have an issue with what I'm saying.

Edited by Super Hans

The only reason people are being so defensive about it is because I bet most people on this thread have blue badges and they're convincing themselves that they're iller than they really are.

My point is this, if you can walk around Meadowhall for an hour without a stick, then parking a few meters further away from the door isn't going to make any difference.

I don't think that most people who are posting have a badge, I certainly don't!

Are we to assume that you stalk these disabled people, otherwise how would you know how long and how quickly they walk around for?

I'd guess that people are disagreeing with you (being defensive as you put it) because your opinion appears to be offensive to disabled people and not supported by any facts. You can't see many disabilities by simply looking at someone, which is what you are suggesting is possible.