Do Disabled People Mind If I Park In Their Space?

Person 1 is in CONSTANT pain all the time, all day every day, week in week out and it never goes away !!!!

Person 2 has a sporting injury which is causing him/her some pain !!!

Who should get the spot ? A silly question.

So, you think the spot should go to the one who is in less pain, and is more physically capable? Good answer!

I don't think that most people who are posting have a badge, I certainly don't!

Are we to assume that you stalk these disabled people, otherwise how would you know how long and how quickly they walk around for?

I'd guess that people are disagreeing with you (being defensive as you put it) because your opinion appears to be offensive to disabled people and not supported by any facts. You can't see many disabilities by simply looking at someone, which is what you are suggesting is possible.

It seems odd to me that you would infer that from what I said.

Walking through the disabled carpark takes about a minute, and if they're walking at the same pace as me towards the door...they're not disabled enough to need to park close to the door.

---------- Post added 28-12-2012 at 15:56 ----------

Person 1 is in CONSTANT pain all the time, all day every day, week in week out and it never goes away !!!!

Person 2 has a sporting injury which is causing him/her some pain !!!

Who should get the spot ? A silly question.

I guess person 2 should get the disabled spot because parking close to the door might offer him relief. If person 1 is in constant pain anyway then surely it wouldn't matter where they're parked? They're in pain if they park in disabled they're in pain if they park in regular so the disabled spot isn't offering them anything.

[/color]

I guess person 2 should get the disabled spot because parking close to the door might offer him relief. If person 1 is in constant pain anyway then surely it wouldn't matter where they're parked? They're in pain if they park in disabled they're in pain if they park in regular so the disabled spot isn't offering them anything.

Total B****CKS.

So your dad doesn't deserve to park in the disabled bay then ???

---------- Post added 28-12-2012 at 16:06 ----------

So, you think the spot should go to the one who is in less pain, and is more physically capable? Good answer!

I don't get the meaning of your reply.

I meant the person who is in constant pain all the time should get the spot, or don't you agree ?

[/color]

Total B****CKS.

So your dad doesn't deserve to park in the disabled bay then ???

---------- Post added 28-12-2012 at 16:06 ----------

I meant the person who is in constant pain all the time should get the spot, or don't you agree ?

Well for my dad, disabled parking offers relief because walking from a regular spot to the wheelchairs would cause him extra pain.

I don't agree with your point as if you're in "constant pain" anyway, then you'll be in pain whether you park in disabled or not, so might as well free up the space for somebody for whom it would offer relief.

You just haven't got a clue have you.

Maybe one day you might experience what severe constant pain is, then maybe,just maybe you'll talk a bit of sense.

I honestly don't see what point you're making.

If you're in constant pain anyway, then the disabled spot is of no benefit to you.

I honestly don't see what point you're making.

If you're in constant pain anyway, then the disabled spot is of no benefit to you.

If you're in constant pain then you may not be able to make it from any space other than one right by the door.

I can't make it around most shops by myself, let alone from out across the car park, trying to push a trolley across it on the way back again.

I think you really ought to think about the other effects of being in constant pain, like a lack of stamina when pushing oneself through pain, before you comment.

Well, it's just a made up hypothetical scenario; but my point is, that a person who is the most pain, and most physical incapability, at this moment; is the one who has greater need and should (IMHO) get the spot. Regardless of them having a badge or not.