Do Disabled People Mind If I Park In Their Space?

[/b]

I didn't have mine "chucked at me" I don't drive but now my daughter can take me if I need to go anywhere and park up safe for me, that is not too far of a walk for me. I take it from your flippant comments that you are either not disabled, or don't know anyone that has to cope with disability.

Or, are a TOTAL bonehead.

The more likely.......

I saw a very able bodied woman parking in one of the only two disabled parking spaces at the front of the Asda store on Middlewood road today. And there was no disabled badge in her car.

The only disability she had was laziness and ignorance. I was tempted to approach her and embarrass her in store, but decided not too, mainly because I was too angry. However if I was with my disabled Grandma (who does have a disability badge, and requires a wheel chair) then I would have.

Why do some people feel that they have the right to do this rather than park at the back of the store like everyone else?

Another thing that is wrong is people who will happily use their relatives disabled badges when they are not with them to get closer to the store or even free parking! Do they know that off they caught then the badges will be taken off them.

I saw a very able bodied woman parking in one of the only two disabled parking spaces at the front of the Asda store on Middlewood road today. And there was no disabled badge in her car.

The only disability she had was laziness and ignorance. I was tempted to approach her and embarrass her in store, but decided not too, mainly because I was too angry. However if I was with my disabled Grandma (who does have a disability badge, and requires a wheel chair) then I would have.

Why do some people feel that they have the right to do this rather than park at the back of the store like everyone else?

Another thing that is wrong is people who will happily use their relatives disabled badges when they are not with them to get closer to the store or even free parking! Do they know that off they caught then the badges will be taken off them.

Think you have answered your own question.

there may have been empty spaces, but they are there for disabled people when they need them..

its the same with the disabled persons loo, it may appear empty, but there may be those with a need to access it quickly.

those of us who use the disabled peoples facilities don't have a choice as to where to park, go to the loo etc. others do.

And please dont assume that all impairments are visible. A much better approach is to simply enquire, do you have a blue badge? those who are genuine wont mind I am sure..

Be careful with the blue badge thing, folks. Blue badges are for on street and council car parks only. They have no legal relevance in a private car park.

The legislation applicable to a private car park is the Equalities Act. It requires reasonable adjustments to be made for persons requiring such because of some disability. A reasonable adjustment is for a disabled space to be provided for them. That person may not necessarily possess or choose to display a blue badge at that time and there is no requirement for them to do so.

So take care if you decide to get uppity with someone because a lack of a blue badge is not, by itself, enough justification.

I see blue badge holders parking antisocially every day, rude people exist in all classes of our society. Do something about it other than whinging on here!

waiting outside our surgery when one parked up bang outside our surgery entrance in a 4x4, then got out walked round the car and lit two fags up onw after the other...not too disabled to kill himself with fags thenr...so we all got a gobful of it in the queue...maybe the invisible debilitating health condition he came to see the doctor might have been chronic asthma,chronic obstructive pulmonary disease,emphasima,lungs like lace curtains, atrial fibrilation,heart disease ,narrowing of the arteries ,cardiovascular disease,lung,throat and mouth cancer..or maybe just for a referral to the council he gets another blue badge...and when the door opened he was first through.