Do Disabled People Mind If I Park In Their Space?

Ok thanks for that,ill remember in future.:hihi: weres he gone by the way.:hihi:

I was out looking for trace of logic to pop into your answer,and a second to add to Dawny1966's posts.

---------- Post added 16-12-2012 at 18:37 ----------

I agree but gnvqsos is always right and we are wrong even when we see it remember lol

Thanks for the compliment but from you its a little unmerited.Is this another thinly disguised example of sarcasm?

Parent & toddler spaces aren't necessary but they do make it easier as the spaces are wider like with disabled spaces. However I don't understand why they have to be close to the entrance. There are many elderly and infirm people who use supermarkets etc that don't have use of the 'blue badges' but do need to park very close to the entrance.

Just a thought.

As I visited Argos today I parked in the disabled parking spaces because the item I was picking up was heavy. I thought they wouldn't mind me using their space for a short period and the odds of a large amount of disabled people visiting all at once was remote anyway. There were numerous empty spots.

Did I do right? and if you are disabled do you mind others using the parking spaces reserved for you, when there's numerous ones unused?

If you're not disabled do you think that it is selfish to reserve something in the hope that they will be used? When they never all are. Why do disabled people not have to suffer the same inconveniences like anyone else and sometimes have to wait for an appropriate parking spot.

I'm not having a go at disabled people and the usual anti disabled bay moan... Just some thoughts while I sat there waiting for my number to come up.....:suspect:

I have to be on oxygen 24/7 and my wife has to shower/ dress me and I cannot even get to the car boot for my wheelchair without portable oxygen .. Would you care to share my inconvenience ?

Edited by deecee
wrong spelling

Parent & toddler spaces aren't necessary but they do make it easier as the spaces are wider like with disabled spaces. However I don't understand why they have to be close to the entrance. There are many elderly and infirm people who use supermarkets etc that don't have use of the 'blue badges' but do need to park very close to the entrance.

All the supermarkets i have been to have disabled nearer to the front door than parent and child parking and when you have a baby as i do, they are a godsend, i however would never dream of parking in a disabled space, so am i in the wrong to expect the same curtasy in return?

All the supermarkets i have been to have disabled nearer to the front door than parent and child parking and when you have a baby as i do, they are a godsend, i however would never dream of parking in a disabled space, so am i in the wrong to expect the same curtasy in return?

No you are not wrong, the parent & toddler spaces should only be used by said persons, just like the disabled spaces. However like I said before I see no need for the parent & toddler spaces to be near the entrance.

Ha ha, pothead won't understand and will ask you how you know they don't have children at home next.

Does she know if they have children at home?

---------- Post added 16-12-2012 at 20:15 ----------

So these toddlers go to argos with there mum,she buys whatever and the kids toddle off home on there own.:rolleyes:yep someones looking foolish.

No.........the grandparents, mother and children park up - buy goods- then the mother and children leave. Grandparents get into said car. Its not that difficult to understand!

But then they have to face Dawney and her accusations / questions.

Does she know if they have children at home?

---------- Post added 16-12-2012 at 20:15 ----------

No.........the grandparents, mother and children park up - buy goods- then the mother and children leave. Grandparents get into said car. Its not that difficult to understand!

But then they have to face Dawney and her accusations / questions.

Especially if they drive off and leave the poor mites

You didn't have to park there, you could have bought item and Argos staff would have taken it to loading bay for you. Wilkinsons offer same service. So if you've come on here for honest opinion, you shouldn't have done it

Wow, I never knew that they offered this service. Is this at Meadowhall? I've struggled trying to get stuff to the car park before.