Unusual name of streets

Unusual name of streets.

Belsize Road – Nether Green / Fulwood area.

During deliveries for Wigfall’s in the early 70’s, my driver and me saw the sign when we passed this road and we couldn’t stop laffing for ages.

I am not sure if it’s spelled correctly though.

Unusual name of streets.

Belsize Road – Nether Green / Fulwood area.

During deliveries for Wigfall’s in the early 70’s, my driver and me saw the sign when we passed this road and we couldn’t stop laffing for ages.

I am not sure if it’s spelled correctly though.

No, can't see what's funny about that name. Its name comes from the 17th century manor house built in London for the Countess of Chesterfield.

I would be extremely interested in learning where the name 'Binsted' - the name of my estate comes from. Sounds like a surname to me but I'm not sure.

I would be extremely interested in learning where the name 'Binsted' - the name of my estate comes from. Sounds like a surname to me but I'm not sure.

Binsted is the name of a town in Hampshire, Jordan.

BINSTED (or Benestede, as it is written in Domesday Book) means “a holding of land.”

Binsted is the name of a town in Hampshire, Jordan.

BINSTED (or Benestede, as it is written in Domesday Book) means “a holding of land.”

Ah, that's great, will pass this on to my Dad too who will be interested.

Thanks a lot.

It's closed to traffic now but Coo Hill in Woodhouse must be the shortest street in Sheffield. You can see it here between the bollards. If you zoom in you can see the street nameplate.

I have another one - not so much unusual and it could just be a gap in my knowledge but would appreciate any help;

Charles Ashmore Road one of the side streets up the top end of Graves Park off Meadowhead. Anyone know who the bloke it's named after is / was?

I have another one - not so much unusual and it could just be a gap in my knowledge but would appreciate any help;

Charles Ashmore Road one of the side streets up the top end of Graves Park off Meadowhead. Anyone know who the bloke it's named after is / was?

He was an artist, www.heeleyartclub.org.uk

port mahon was an area around meadow street in netherthorpe sheffield 3 which included becketts fish and chip shop, rays paper shop,crofts which was an haven for children selling all sorts of toys and clothes for adults and children alike also household goods, there was also the local pub called the meadow. there was all kinds of shops. sadly missed.

No, can't see what's funny about that name. Its name comes from the 17th century manor house built in London for the Countess of Chesterfield.

Zakes was thinking of a prime member.

As usual:hihi:

port mahon was an area around meadow street in netherthorpe sheffield 3...
There's an interesting thread about Port Mahon here, and here's a link to an 1930s photo of Netherthorpe Place with the old Port Mahon Post Office at the left side.

Where was Nook Hall at Wadsley?

Anyone any ideas?