Ipswich In The Premier League

No bitterness, I wish them well, there supporters will be in dreamland !

However, another club up there for a season then down again.

Your comments please about a stupid situation driven by CASH !

• Like 1

Their promotion is well deserved and remarkable that they were in the second division last season.  They can look at how teams like Brighton and Brentford have performed in the Premiership for a number of years to give them the belief they can avoid relegation. 

5 hours ago, Runningman said:

Agree but the proposed salary cap MIGHT go some way to addressing the spending power of half a dozen 'big' clubs but the big clubs have apparently got to agree it.  It doesn't seem that the Premiership is a majority democracy then? 

But you can see that a way will be found round paying massive wages.   Club to player's agent.  "We're only allowed now to pay your client £500 per week under the new Premiership wage cap.  However, we are going to give you as his agent his travelling expenses for the season to & from training & to & from the ground.  We reckon £200 million should cover it?" 

10 hours ago, bassett one said:

its all about big cash, its the same in the championship with parachute payments, sufc and others have millions more than the others next season

Well done for bringing the Blades into the conversation, i knew somebody couldn't resist doing so !

On 05/05/2024 at 21:54, bassett one said:

its all about big cash, its the same in the championship with parachute payments, sufc and others have millions more than the others next season

That's because the Blades have been in the Premiership. SUFC didn't take part in making any rules on parachute payments but you do have to be in it, to win it. 

• Like 1

On 05/05/2024 at 09:50, Runningman said:

Possibly relegation favourites,  but the manager is highly regarded and has had premier league experience. 

Even if Ipswich survive a season, Kierron Mckenna will be picked up by a bigger club.

• Like 1