Strange phone call

Hi...I dont know if this is a genuine call or theres something funny about it.

Someone just called me on my landline phone..the number was 'private caller' to say they were working in partnership with microsoft computer maintenance and that my pc had been sending error messages to their server, which he says is microsoft server cos i am using windows...and that he can show me the error report of what this server have been getting and I need to do what he tells me otherwise my files data etc on the pc will be wiped off...?????????? This sounds a bit iffy to me...i just said no thanks and put the phone down..the guy sounded like he had an american/canadian accent as he kept calling me 'maam' :huh: First time I have had a strange call about my pc like this. Is this for real or is it bogus do you think?

SCAM! ignore. They either want access to your PC or want to get you to buy some unnecessary anti virus program.

/thread

Thanks guys for telling me it was a scam...like I said thought it was very strange...next time phone will go straight back down I think...

scammers used to call my elderly gran DAILY

saying her computer had a virus and it had infected their systems and that they needed her bank details to sort her computer out or the problem would re occur

she didnt even have a computer ....

Some time back, I had similar con-artists on phone for 45 mins having them explain to me in words of one sylable what was wrong with my PC.

I just cannot understand why they got upset when I told them that they did not know what they were talking about and that I was Microsoft certified software consultant.

Yep I was off sick earlier this year and everyday I had the same phone call...... grrr

Hi...I dont know if this is a genuine call or theres something funny about it.

Someone just called me on my landline phone..the number was 'private caller' to say they were working in partnership with microsoft computer maintenance and that my pc had been sending error messages to their server, which he says is microsoft server cos i am using windows...and that he can show me the error report of what this server have been getting and I need to do what he tells me otherwise my files data etc on the pc will be wiped off...?????????? This sounds a bit iffy to me...i just said no thanks and put the phone down..the guy sounded like he had an american/canadian accent as he kept calling me 'maam' :huh: First time I have had a strange call about my pc like this. Is this for real or is it bogus do you think?

It's been doing the rounds a while has this. 110% pure scam.

Angel.

it can't be more than 100% scam, but I know what you mean.

love those calls keep saying someone on door hold the line then keep saying hello as tho i cant hear them.finally say wait while i get a pen and paper and put phone on side leave for 20 minutes then replace

I had this one, too, a few months ago. I would not give any information to ANYONE who 'phoned me, FULL stop. It amazes me what people come up with.

I was feeling left out as i had not received one of these calls. then out of the blue i got one, it was going so well until i asked the lady caller what colour knickers she was wearing, the lady was absolutely flabbergasted, & my wife nearly peed herself as she had been listening to me giving the lady on the phone some of the most bizarre answers to her questions, the lady eventually hung up when i told her that my calculator would not accept the commands that she was telling me to input.