Strange phone call

I was feeling left out as i had not received one of these calls. then out of the blue i got one, it was going so well until i asked the lady caller what colour knickers she was wearing, the lady was absolutely flabbergasted, & my wife nearly peed herself as she had been listening to me giving the lady on the phone some of the most bizarre answers to her questions, the lady eventually hung up when i told her that my calculator would not accept the commands that she was telling me to input.

Thanks guys for telling me it was a scam...like I said thought it was very strange...next time phone will go straight back down I think...
No, next time you tell them you're not sat at your PC and ask them to wait a minute until you can turn it on. Then you go along with them and after you've strung the scum along for as long as possible, THEN and only THEN you tell them to go forth and multiply. The more you can rack their phone bill up the better, surely?

I'm guessing it was an Indian accent? It was the two times the little darlings have tried it with me.

I've had two of these calls in the past week or so and took great delight in telling both of them (Indian accents) that they are lying thieving scumbags who are simply trying to pull a fast one but while they've been trying to scam me the police have been tracing their calls.

I end the phone call by telling them that I no longer wish to talk to them so p*** off..........then put the phone down.

I've had loads of these scam calls over the last 2-3 years. From what I have learnt is that some scammers are buying local line numbers and making voip calls. I spent almost 30 mins the other month, with someone in broken english telling me how to fix my windows pc, before I got board and told them that I didn't own a windows pc..... they hung up!

My mums got the right answer, she tells them straight away that she doesn't own a pc - quick and easy and they hang up!

Some time back, I had similar con-artists on phone for 45 mins having them explain to me in words of one sylable what was wrong with my PC.

I just cannot understand why they got upset when I told them that they did not know what they were talking about and that I was Microsoft certified software consultant.

And then you woke up :hihi:

No, next time you tell them you're not sat at your PC and ask them to wait a minute until you can turn it on. Then you go along with them and after you've strung the scum along for as long as possible, THEN and only THEN you tell them to go forth and multiply. The more you can rack their phone bill up the better, surely?

I'm guessing it was an Indian accent? It was the two times the little darlings have tried it with me.

Quite agree with your idea but they may not actually be racking up their phone bill to the extent that we may think.

I have a mate living in Spain. He has a Skyp account costing about 5 euros per month which allows him unlimited calls. This certainly covers calls back to the UK and I believe covers all Europe (and may even be world wide). It allows him to phone to my land-line from his lap top in Spain.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a warning, again, everyone.

These 'kind people' are offering to sort out you PC again. Very nice Indian gent (Said his name was Bill :huh:) on the phone, said he was from PC Technical Support and that my connection through their server was showing faults on my computer.

According to this 'kind chap' their server is controlling BT, Sky, Virgin Media, AOL etc.

He quickly put phone down when I started asked a technical questions; how do you detect a computer fault when there is no computer connected at that address:huh: