Which area of Sheffield would you choose if you could move there today?

i used to live in grenoside, greno cres... moved to norfolk park then round the corner to arbourthorne, love it, park just down road, close to tram stop, great neighbours, wouldn't move again.

what!!!???:o

Where I live now- Crookes. Born and brought up here. I moved away to Leeds and came back. The only problem would be if I ever won the lottery where would I put my mansion?:confused:

I'm not sure what the area is called but the flats/apartments alongside Endcliffe park look fantastic and that's a really nice location. The only thing is you'd end up in the Eccleshall Road traffic far more than is healthy and turn out like Michael Douglas

stay where i am upperthorpe ish

overlooking the wonderfull pondarosa

3 min from tram stop

10 min from town

10 min from countryside

great schools

and HOME

In a word, NONE.

I currently live in Grenoside, but have always fancied moving to Millhouses...If you could choose a different location to live reside in Sheffield....which one would it be....???

My reason for moving to Millhouses.....I simply like the area, the Houses seems bigger than where I currently live and I love the Park. Simples....

I had a flat in Millhouses when I first came to Sheffield. It was a lovly area but I couldn't get used to the damned trains rattling past all night. I now live near Holmesfield which is nice and quiet. Perhaps too quiet if I'm honest.

Is Wadsley Park Village a decent place to live?

What's public transport (to Sheffield University) like?

Is Wadsley Park Village a decent place to live?

What's public transport (to Sheffield University) like?

Supertram goes from Middlewood Road, thru Hillsboro and up to the Uni...Been a while since I lived at Marlcliffe, but still a good area, especially around Wadsley Church.

....... for the southerners and the Welsh (sorry southerners). ..:hihi:

Are you implying that Wales is south of Sheffield? Or are you apologizing to southerners? Or are you saying that "Welsh" is not as good as "southerners"?.

As the second and third possibilities are opinions I can only correct the first possibility.

The map I use definitely shows Sheffield to be east of Holyhead. From here ( Sheffield) I drive west along West Street, Glossop Road A57 to get there and then go further west to Dublin. In fact if I left Sheffield on a heading of 270 degrees and kept to the same latitude (otherwise known as west) I would get to Holyhead which despite being on an island off an island off an island is actually counted as part of Wales.

If I left Sheffield and followed a heading of 180 degrees (otherwise known as south) I would get very close to Southampton and then to Portsmouth for the ferry south passing the Isle of Wight to France.

So Isle of Anglesey is west and Isle of Wight is south.

East is Mablethorpe and north is Northumbria...easy

None of them - there are a couple of places in Lincolnshire though Kirton and Laughterton or Carlton on Trent, Notts

Sutton On Trent also.