Which area of Sheffield would you choose if you could move there today?

Ranmoor. Grew up round there and just love all the stone houses.

Nope, not Dore, Eccleshall, Totley or Whirlow, too full of snobs, I wouldn't live in Fulwood either, same reason.

Please stop calling me a snob Rich thats the second time now.

I'd probably stay where I am, maybe move just round the corner to my old house on Button Hill :)

Somewhere in Fulwood, somewhere with plenty of big trees.

Meersbrook or Millhouses - currently off abbeydale rd, and both seem good to me:) I'm partial to Chesterfield though in fairness - tired of racial tensions in Sheffield (well, where I live anyways) and could do with a break from it by stepping back in time with a move to the sticks!

hillsborough beechwood rd area top of the hill !

I currently live in Grenoside, but have always fancied moving to Millhouses...If you could choose a different location to live reside in Sheffield....which one would it be....???

My reason for moving to Millhouses.....I simply like the area, the Houses seems bigger than where I currently live and I love the Park. Simples....

Everyone else loves that park too, so on a weekend, particularly when its sunny, the streets of Millhouse are horrendous.

One day I will reside in the nicest part of Fulwood in my own little bubble and pretend that the badlands of Parson Cross and Wybourn dont exist.

Meersbrook or Millhouses - currently off abbeydale rd, and both seem good to me:) I'm partial to Chesterfield though in fairness - tired of racial tensions in Sheffield (well, where I live anyways) and could do with a break from it by stepping back in time with a move to the sticks!

The ethnic minority guys are fine where I live, just a pity that I can't say the same for the southerners and the Welsh (sorry southerners). We are plagued with folk in their 30's and 40's trying to take over the district, they watch their kids every minute that they are awake, the poor little buggers will never have the adventures that our lad and his mates had.

One vertically challenged Welsh (person) came around, and asked me if he could examine my dog owning qualifications, he now understands the rudiments of sex and travel. I know that I am turning into Victor Meldrew, but what the hell? :hihi:

Everyone else loves that park too.

I always though Millhouses park was pretty crap, it's just a small strip of grass next to a busy road.

I always though Millhouses park was pretty crap, it's just a small strip of grass next to a busy road.

In the 50's I used to spend a full day there, the paddling pools, the lido, good tennis courts, football and cricket, the boating lake, what else would a kid want? :confused:

In the 50's I used to spend a full day there, the paddling pools, the lido, good tennis courts, football and cricket, the boating lake, what else would a kid want? :confused:

It was better when the lido was there, but as a kid I always though Endcliffe park and Norfolk Park were better, they have more varied terrain and don't feel as crowded.

Of course no park is as good as wandering about down Riverlin (IMO) and building tarzan swings over the most dangerous bits of river you can find :)

It was better when the lido was there, but as a kid I always though Endcliffe park and Norfolk Park were better, they have more varied terrain and don't feel as crowded.

Of course no park is as good as wandering about down Riverlin (IMO) and building tarzan swings over the most dangerous bits of river you can find :)

The problem is some idiots started putting glass in the lido. My mate ended up in hospital after standing on a broken bottle.

As an adult (and a kid), i think Norfolk Heritage Park takes some beating. I like Graves Park as well.