Which area of Sheffield would you choose if you could move there today?

The problem is some idiots started putting glass in the lido. My mate ended up in hospital after standing on a broken bottle.

As an adult (and a kid), i think Norfolk Heritage Park takes some beating. I like Graves Park as well.

yes, Graves park is good too, I think Millhouses Park is too flat, you can't go sledging there

Id'e plump for Totley or Dore,as for snobs? i can mix with whichever company i'm in,they have to use the toilet the same as everyone else and eat the same food, drink the same water etc.......having a plum in your mouth dosen't mean you are any better than the next person standing besides you......Every man/woman are rich when they are satisfied with what they have......Every day a rich person dies so does a poor one,it's who gets through those Pearly Gates? as money dosen't guarantee entry.....

Ranmoor. Grew up round there and just love all the stone houses.

One of the finest places in Sheffield. Much nicer than Dore and Totley and it has more character. Same as Nether Edge, that place has lots of character. A bit iffy though :(

I love where I am right now, it's convenient to get absolutely anywhere in Sheffield. I wouldn't like to move anywhere else unless it was abroad. :hihi:

In the 50's I used to spend a full day there, the paddling pools, the lido, good tennis courts, football and cricket, the boating lake, what else would a kid want? :confused:

Putting and the big draughts?:)

Just thought of another place i would like. I know it isn't an area but i would like to live on the left hand side of Whirlowdale Rd as you go up. I always liked the look of those houses.

I'd move back to Wadsley. Loved living there

None of them - there are a couple of places in Lincolnshire though Kirton and Laughterton or Carlton on Trent, Notts

Nope, not Dore, Eccleshall, Totley or Whirlow, too full of snobs, I wouldn't live in Fulwood either, same reason.

Nothing to do with the fact you could never afford it then?

I'd probably stay where I am, maybe move just round the corner to my old house on Button Hill :)

You must live very close to me then. I don't think there's anywhere in Sheffield I'd rather live, but there are places in other parts of the country I'd move to in a heartbeat.

I've lived in Heeley, Lowfields, Highfields, Sharrow, Woodhouse, Stradbroke, Gleadless Valley, Manor, Wybourn, and Norton Lees....

If I could move today, I'd be off out of Sheffield, or maybe I'd go somewhere around Ecclesall road.

Err, yeah. But Ecclesall road is still Sheffield love, didn't you know?

Nope, not Dore, Eccleshall, Totley or Whirlow, too full of snobs, I wouldn't live in Fulwood either, same reason.

This is inverted snobbery at its finest! :hihi:

The idea that whole areas of Sheffield are full of snobs, because they are nice areas to live, is as stupid and senseless as saying that the poor areas of Sheffield are full of peasants and good for nothings because they aren't nice areas.

The facts are that good and bad people live everywhere in our city. Some are snobs - some are riff raff. And they exist in all parts of the city in equal measure.

But Sheffield has, and always has had, a big problem with anyone who lives in one of the nicer areas. I come from a mining village in North East Derbyshire - brought up in a 2 up 2 down terrace with bugger all. Now I live in a decent area of Sheffield so, according to Rich, that makes me a snob.

So be it.