Which area of Sheffield would you choose if you could move there today?

I don't know where I'd move to but I can tell you one thing with 100% certainty. I used to live in Walkley and now live in Parson Cross and I wouldn't go back if you paid me. I can't think of one positive Walkley has over the cross. And funnily enough I bumped into the lady who used to live across the road from me in Walkley who now lives in High Green and she said exactly the same thing.

I think you are in the minority thinking Parsons Cross is nicer than Walkley. I know which one I'd prefer to walk around at night?

I am lucky enough to already live in the finest place in Sheffield, though I have several friends that live in Ridgeway and must admit that it would be my second choice if I couldn't afford where I live now. :)

Ridgeway is nice.My brother lives 50 yards up from that pub next to the ponds.He also rents his other house out, further up the road.

I wouldn't live in Fulwood either, same reason.

As I was born there (and am most certainly not a snob), your reasoning is flawed. I'd move back at the drop of a hat.

close to the Internet exchange at Wadsley (behind the old Fletcher's place).

It's Wadsley Bridge. Wadsley is more Loxley/Wisewood way.

I think you are in the minority thinking Parsons Cross is nicer than Walkley. I know which one I'd prefer to walk around at night?

I've walked round both at night. Trust me, I'm a trained wrestler who used to teach martial arts and self defence classes, I have no problem with looking after myself. The Cross is predominantly rough people with nice attitudes, Walkley has an element of kids trying to prove themselves, that is far more dangerous.

If you were run over in either place you would have much more chance of people assisting you in Parson Cross, its rougher, no doubt about it, but 100% better.

i totally love where i am in crookes,but if i had a lottery win it would be a nice private place in crosspool so not to far really.

i totally love where i am in crookes,but if i had a lottery win it would be a nice private place in crosspool so not to far really.

I don't play the lottery myself but I love to read about how you guys can change your lives by winning a tenner. :)

I would like to live on the Gleadless Valley the finest council estate ever built.

Seven years ago i did move back. Middle Hay Place the end house next to Gleadless Road.

A view from the lounge window to die for.

A double garage.

Plenty of buses to town [also an easy walk all downhill]

A good couple of pubs.

Brilliant walks with my dog.

Perfect.

Except the complete and utter nut cases the council moved in around us ,

At sixty years old i had to start facing up to 16, 17 and 18 year old smack heads who drove around in stolen cars, The police always managed to turn up just as they had gone.

The brilliant old time residents who lived around us slowly started to move out ,and in less than two years we followed suite.

Driven out by nut cases who the authorities sided with by saying well they have got lots of problems you know.

So .I would like to live on the Gleadless Valley in my dream house with a view but i can,t.

This is inverted snobbery at its finest! :hihi:

The idea that whole areas of Sheffield are full of snobs, because they are nice areas to live, is as stupid and senseless as saying that the poor areas of Sheffield are full of peasants and good for nothings because they aren't nice areas.

The facts are that good and bad people live everywhere in our city. Some are snobs - some are riff raff. And they exist in all parts of the city in equal measure.

But Sheffield has, and always has had, a big problem with anyone who lives in one of the nicer areas. I come from a mining village in North East Derbyshire - brought up in a 2 up 2 down terrace with bugger all. Now I live in a decent area of Sheffield so, according to Rich, that makes me a snob.

So be it.

Truest thing I've seen on here in a long time.

Just thought of another place i would like. I know it isn't an area but i would like to live on the left hand side of Whirlowdale Rd as you go up. I always liked the look of those houses.

I think I know it - all the years I've driven down Whirlowdale Rd and never noticed the little side turning until I did a job there last year... Is it Whirlow Park Rd?

Bloody breathtaking in there!

Edited by Draggletail
Link

would love to move back to stocksbridge as had lovly nighbours, next to countryside or greenhill to be closer to family and great for the park.

Those houses that overlook Endcliffe Park. Great view. Easy access to shops on Ecclesall Road. Bet they're not cheap though.

Those houses that overlook Endcliffe Park. Great view. Easy access to shops on Ecclesall Road. Bet they're not cheap though.

Yeah some of those apartments look very nice. I. Would consider moving up there but rush hour traffic is a nightmare around Ecclesall road