Which area of Sheffield would you choose if you could move there today?

In the 50's I used to spend a full day there, the paddling pools, the lido, good tennis courts, football and cricket, the boating lake, what else would a kid want? :confused:

. . .and the giant sized Chessboard !

Sutton On Trent also.

None of them - there are a couple of places in Lincolnshire though Kirton and Laughterton or Carlton on Trent, Notts

I moved out to Lincolnshire last October with the family to a little village just outside Sleaford and really like it there. Very friendly, peaceful and with the bonus that the houses are VERY cheap.

Well it wouldn't be Pittsmoor, Burngreave, Tinsley, Firth Vale, Pagehall, Firth Park or Darnell

Is Wadsley Park Village a decent place to live?

What's public transport (to Sheffield University) like?

Some nice houses on there. Just got to be wary of the odd few trouble causers from the Winn Gardens estate which is the opposite side of the road.

The only place I would think about moving to at the moment is Whirlow.

I've lived at Manor, Ridgeway and Dore. Ridgeway and Dore are equally as nice and I'd recommend both villages to anyone.

I've lived at Manor, Ridgeway and Dore. Ridgeway and Dore are equally as nice and I'd recommend both villages to anyone.

Everyone knows if you look hard enough you can get some apartments in endcliffe / ranmoor for 120k ish or less. With houses on the same street all being about 500k - 1 million plus.

Villages:confused:

Everyone knows if you look hard enough you can get some apartments in endcliffe / ranmoor for 120k ish or less. With houses on the same street all being about 500k - 1 million plus.

Yes, the same goes for any desirable area. Unless you have a large family family and need a big house most areas have some properties which are affordable to most.

The way the property market is at the moment its not hard for those on a moderate income to find affordable (but small) property in what are generally affluent areas.

Villages:confused:

Ridgeway and Dore are both villages on the outer edges of Sheffield. One is in Derbyshire and the other used to be in Derbyshire.

I always think of a village as a small group of dwellings unconnected by built up areas to any larger town or city. I suppose,on reflection,Ridgeway could qualify.

I lived in Ecclesall for 20 years, I wouldn't move back there for the world, the people are so competative and shallow.

In my experience, it's who's had the best boob job, who's got the biggest diamond, who has the biggest and best house ( I did until I left , as it happens !), who can play the best tennis, (none really).....and who can have the most babies to avoid going to work....(oh look at me, I can't have a job I have too many children.......).My husband is leaving me I have to pop out another baby so he pays more maintainence. Or just might stay with me for the kids, while I spend all his money on myself.

Not forgetting the huge 4x4 that they cannot drive or park...................

Am so happy where I am at the moment !! :hihi:

I would love to go back to Bradway, but the prices for houses is well above my income.