Elvis was over rated

I can't believe, at this time of year especially, that anyone can say that Elves are over rated:huh:

Without their tireless and lets face it unpaid work, Santa would be up a certain creek without a certain paddling implement.

Think before you post, guys...

On 16/12/2009 at 10:11, Annoni_mouse said:

I can't believe, at this time of year especially, that anyone can say that Elves are over rated:huh:

Without their tireless and lets face it unpaid work, Santa would be up a certain creek without a certain paddling implement.

Think before you post, guys...

Hi I am 78 and from the age off twelve Elvis as Been my favourite singer by far, and millions and millions off people all over the world think the same, or are we all wrong  also I think anyone who as got the guts to get up on a stage and sing not drunk deserves a clap . 

On 13/11/2009 at 12:42, epiphany said:

Edited by leviathan13

Jerry Lee Lewis, the 'true King of Rock 'n' Roll'.

Last Man Standing rule applies 8) .

See the source image

Little Richard 

my favourite Chuck Berry

57 minutes ago, cressida said:

Little Richard 

my favourite Chuck Berry

Like I said.

'Last man standing'.

Did you know Elvis the pelvis  had a cousin called Enis 

Tbh im not a major liker of Elvis and same with a lot of the Rockabillies i know online, they arent fans, out of the Sun records stable i much prefer Johnny Cashs stuff

5 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Tbh im not a major liker of Elvis and same with a lot of the Rockabillies i know online, they arent fans, out of the Sun records stable i much prefer Johnny Cashs stuff

I'll stick with  JLL being the King of Rock n Roll.

Johnny Cash being a very very close second.

The Big O beating the lot of them (including Elvis) voice wise.

Keep safe out there 8)

Elvis had talent to be sure (great voice, stage presence, hip gyrations, lip curl) but I've never really thought of him as a top rock'n'roller.

Of the old guard, I'll go for Bo Diddley, JLL, Chuck Berry and Cash.

12 hours ago, horribleblob said:

Elvis had talent to be sure (great voice, stage presence, hip gyrations, lip curl) but I've never really thought of him as a top rock'n'roller.

Of the old guard, I'll go for Bo Diddley, JLL, Chuck Berry and Cash.

Don't forget this guy. J.P Richardson - The Big Bopper.

Too much talent and mischief for this World RIP.

63 years ago since Buddy Holly and Richie Valens died RIP 3/2/59 the day the music died your music lives on 8).

Enjoy these from the Bopper.

WHITE LIGHTNING The Big Bopper 1959 (Originalversion of the famous George Jones song !) Rockabilly - YouTube

Big Bopper - Red Riding Hood - YouTube

The Big Bopper - Old Maid - YouTube

Edited by Rockers rule
-

Out of tune Frank Sinatra was over rated,  if it wasn't  Mafia backed  he wouldn't have gone as far,  for example they made sure he got a part,  in From here to eternity ect,  Give me Matt Monroe anytime, ten times better than Sinatra.  .  Elvis couldn't act for toffee but at least he admitted  it,  most of is films were rubbish , he also admitted that too. Compared with the garbage these days you can't  blame a young skint truck driver for as far as he got and inspire millions in the music buisness.