Goths, Punks, Emo's, Rockers, Metalheads etc - This way please...

Rod Hull never stuck his hand up a goth's arse.

Well, not to the best of my knowledge, anyway......

LOL :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

As far as i can see the march is to Celebrate those who have died, People like Sophie Lancaster who was kicked to death for being 'a dirty mosher' as he attackers put it.

Everyone is different but everyone is the same, you see a group of 'chavs' or 'alternatives' and they pretty much look the same, but if that makes them happy who are we to judge.

Im sure alot of them get crap and abuse everyday and never moan or whinge about, but i think the time to say something is when a girl gets kicked to death with while cradleing her all ready beaten boyfriend for being a 'mosher'

People need to stop seeing chavs, goths, moshers whatever and start seeing people, cos at the end of the day, thats all we are. Instead of picking this apart why dont you stand up and do something? You think Chavs get alot of abuse then stand up and do something about instead of being an ass on here. People are all ready to mouth off but only a few are prepared to do anything.

hehehehe - really starting to like Regularjohn!

For the record:

1. We are marching to celebrate the lives of those no longer with us. Those who were beaten/abused because some IDIOT thought it funny to insult and degrade that persons life choices by way of killing them.

2. We do not hate chavs! This march is not at all even remotely related to chavs! Do not bad name the march because of someone elses sentiments PLEASE!

As Leviathon said before, everyone gets abuse - EVERYONE! Old, young, white, black, etc etc and he's right,they do!

The thing is that we just simply have to 'put up' with it, you can no longer turn round to the culprit and say '**** off' cos you never know whether they have a knife, bat, group of mates round the corner or a gun!

You just simply have to take it and its gotten to the point where people like me and the rest of us organising the march are losing friends and loved ones to stupidity and narrowmindedness. I thought we lived in a world where we'd gotten past all this bull**** but it seems we havent.

All we want to do is remember those we loved and lost and ask society to stop abuse and prejudice just because someone looks the way the next person doesnt approve of.

The only reason people argue on here is because they dont care, maybe because nothing ever happened to them - i dont know.

Imagine your sister, brother, daughter, son or mother walked down a street and got thier faces bashed in because they looked a little different to society's view of an average person. Imagine someone fired a gun into thier skull then laughed about it to thier mates. Imagine a group of adults picked your relative up then threw them off a bridge while shouting 'die emo die', imagine they ran your mother down in a car because she had pink hair,imagine they stamped on your little sister until she bled from her eyes which inevitably killed her.... Imagine someone ran down your best friend then laughed and said 'bet he liked that' - all because your loved one chose to wear a mohawk or gothic skirt!!

Imagine that truely happened to someone you loved or cared about, then sit on it for 6 months and you'll be almost where we are.

The world is in a mess and while we all sit here ******* and moaning at each other nothing is being done to change it.

All i want to do is remember those i loved and lost and in the process take the first step in asking the world not to judge someone purely for the way they look. Just cos theyre not the same as you, doesnt mean they dont deserve respect. EVERYONE deserves respect, regardless of who or what they are, whether they be christian, muslim, chav, goth, disabled or if they wear braces on their teeth or wear a pair of glasses.

I'm only here to honour that sentiment. I may work, it may not but i think it deserves a shot.

The thing is that we just simply have to 'put up' with it, you can no longer turn round to the culprit and say '**** off' cos you never know whether they have a knife, bat, group of mates round the corner or a gun!

I think you'll find that applies to (and always has applied to) everyone.

what's your point? did i not say that? Did i not say that EVERYONE was invited?

Did i not say previously that everyone gets attacked regardless of colour, sex, religion etc?

Brick and Wall, mate...

My point was, although hidden quite covertly, that you're only marching in reaction to something that's happened to people who were in your group.

If no "goths" or alternative people had been attacked then you wouldn't be marching, even though this kind of crime has been going on for years now. Whilst I take on board what you're saying about it being a celebration of someone's life, you're also scared that it will happen to you because of who the attacks were aimed at.

I'm not trying to belittle your cause, it's actually good to see people trying to stand together. All I'm trying to say is, if you felt so strongly about violent crime in Britain, why wait until it was one of your own?

You are truely right leviathan and i fully respect what youre saying, it is wise and honest. I wish we hadnt waited so long to do this.

Sometimes, i guess, it takes something big to wake you up and make you take notice of whats actually going on around us. We hear stories of people getting knived, beat up or generally intimidated by nobheads who are simply 'bored' (what a pathetic excuse!) all the time...

We hear or read about these things and think 'god i hope that never happens to me or someone i know' - i myself have been guilty of that sentiment, turning a blind eye to other peoples tragedies..

I am fortunate enough never to have had death/murder happen to my close family and friends but my fellow organisers have (all those things i described in my previous post) and i truely feel the pain of their loss and, in fact, sometimes it makes me feel lucky to be alive and I appreciate every day things a lot more now.

Thats why i set up the march, because i want to do something about it all before its too late and the world spirals itself into dispair and violence. I have 2 daughters coming of age, who are enjoying the fruits of 'rocker' life. I wish to make the world a better place for them to live in, i fear for their safety in this world - i dont know any other way to tackle it than this march. I've appealled to local MP's and begged countless officials for their help to no avail.

The government was suppossed to pass a law saying that if you commited a crime someone based on their culture affiliation you would be punished to the full extent of the law - this law was denied, with the reason for it being that the they saw no problem with the way the law already stands. LOL!!! The law is great as it is!? PMSFL

I think the rockers of this world deserve the same rights as anyone else. Society still fears us for some reason and i want to show them all that we're good people who care and we're not here to hate or hurt anybody just spread some love. We know attacks happen to everyone, not just us, which is why the march is open to all like-minded people who want it to stop. Lets hope we can make a difference somewhere....

Hate is easy - love takes courage.

leviathon, i'm labelled as "Emo" or "Dirty Goth B*tch" depending on the mood the people who call it me are in. I get spat at in the streets by everyone who doesn't appreciate the way I dress.

Odd thing, here, i saw someone get beat up once. That someone had once kicked seven bells out of me for being who i am... I stood up for him. I kept him alive until an ambulance got there. I have taken part in rallys and marches for EVERY DAMN TREND THERE is.

Because despite who i am, and despite what has happened, I still understand everyone has the right to be who they are.

So yeh, go on about Emo's and Goth's and people like that... You're just stereotyping the majority. Why don't you ASK some people taking part in the march what has happened to them in order for them to want to take part.

I'll tell you now, you'll get a whole variety of answers.

Ok? And if you wanna say summat to me, bring it. I'm not scared.

leviathon, i'm labelled as "Emo" or "Dirty Goth B*tch" depending on the mood the people who call it me are in. I get spat at in the streets by everyone who doesn't appreciate the way I dress.

Odd thing, here, i saw someone get beat up once. That someone had once kicked seven bells out of me for being who i am... I stood up for him. I kept him alive until an ambulance got there. I have taken part in rallys and marches for EVERY DAMN TREND THERE is.

Because despite who i am, and despite what has happened, I still understand everyone has the right to be who they are.

So yeh, go on about Emo's and Goth's and people like that... You're just stereotyping the majority. Why don't you ASK some people taking part in the march what has happened to them in order for them to want to take part.

I'll tell you now, you'll get a whole variety of answers.

Ok? And if you wanna say summat to me, bring it. I'm not scared.

Wow! How very defensive of you. Did you not read my post where I stated I was bullied at school for 5 years for having long hair and a leather jacket? SHOCK HORROR - I'm a rocker/metal fan too.

My point was, as Littlebird acknowledged, that a lot of these marches etc. are a result of something that's happened to a member of that particular person's group. You've taken part in rallies that were not just for people of your kind? Good on you and well done.

Again, I acknowledged that it was good that they wanted to do something. My point was about not doing it just in the name of alternative lifestyles, but against violent crime that has been against people from all backgrounds.

sorry misread it. now i feel stupid... *blushes*

but, yeh, i stand up for anyone who gets attacked or hurt because of what they are. its a shame most people can't see past the clothing...

I think the rockers of this world deserve the same rights as anyone else. Society still fears us for some reason and i want to show them all that we're good people who care and we're not here to hate or hurt anybody just spread some love. We know attacks happen to everyone, not just us, which is why the march is open to all like-minded people who want it to stop. Lets hope we can make a difference somewhere....

Hate is easy - love takes courage.

The rockers of this world do have the same rights as everyone else. But, you're sending out a mixed message, as I did when I was younger so this is not a comment against anyone.

I work in an office with "normal" people. I go drinking in "normal" pubs with these "normal" people. In a funny way, I'm probably a more alternative rocker than most rockers because I don't have any tattoos, piercings etc. and, apart from a bit of facial hair and my leather jacket, I don't look much like a metal fan.

My point is, one minute you're saying you want to be different, then the next you want to be like everyone else. I was different, but now I'm not so much, but I feel just as happy in the Nelson as I do in the Roebuck or on West Street. I'm accepted by everyone pretty much because I've learned to compromise and not be so strong minded in to thinking that I have to be one way or another.

Better watch that word 'normal' - Nick will have you!! PMSFL