Goths, Punks, Emo's, Rockers, Metalheads etc - This way please...

To all of those claiming to be "alternative" - I'm sorry to be so late posting on this thread, but have you actually read what you've typed?

You're no more alternative than the chavs.Your argument echoes the Life Of Brian scene with the - you are all individuals/I'm not exchange.

No matter how hard you try, you will never be unique, so why bother striving for it. There will always be someone who has the same ideas, fashion sense and tastes. What are you trying to achieve with a march? You're getting a bunch of individuals TOGETHER to march TOGETHER as one to show how unique you are? Can anyone not see the irony of this? Surely, if you were truly unique, you would march alone.

The fact is, you're a bit upset because you can't handle the world's reaction to how you live. Get over it, cheer up and get on with it.

I was bullied for 5 years at school for having long hair and a leather jacket. It's just something that happened to someone who was a bit different in an environment of conformity. I didn't feel the need to march because of a decision I'd made.

Chavs get picked on. Those with "alternative" lifestyles get picked on. Muslims get picked on. Christians get picked on. The disabled get picked on. Old people get picked on. The list is endless! Some people will always have a problem with something that is slightly different from the norm. Are you going to march the next time a paper prints a joke about "goths" or "emo's"? What about the next time a comedian makes a joke about them? Are you going to organise a march to censor the media from having an opinion?

I thought people with "alternative" lifestyles were meant to be open minded and have a sense of humour. So what if a chav calls you names? They're only words, said by a group of people in a country that allows free speech. If you stop someone giving their opinion about you, then they will do the same in return and then all we'll have is a world where all that is spoken is empty and boring.

I'd rather hear people having a go at me than silence. At the end of it, you're marching for the one thing alternative people hate; CENSORSHIP!

...You're getting a bunch of individuals TOGETHER to march TOGETHER as one to show how unique you are? ...

I thought the idea was more to send out a message to say that abuse towards someone because of how they appear is not on, rather than a march to say how unique participants are (/are not).

I thought the idea was more to send out a message to say that abuse towards someone because of how they appear is not on, rather than a march to say how unique participants are (/are not).

That means that every member of the population would be marching for something.

This march, from the way I've interpreted it, is a group of people who have decided to rebel against society and can't handle the consequences.

Yes, it's wrong that someone should suffer violence for the way they look. But it's not just "goths" who suffer for the way they look or dress. Why not get together with those who have lost family members through knife-crime or gang violence? There are other groups in society who have suffered at the hands of certain people, so why not unite instead of having a march that is solely for the "outcasts"?