Goths, Punks, Emo's, Rockers, Metalheads etc - This way please...

And the people in nike hoodies and caps weren't nice caring people who had family who loved them?

Is it just me or are you all brainwashed fascists. If you can class yourself your in a style your no different to anyone else. Saying your 'alternative' means **** all it just means you don't buy the conventional **** in highstreet stores but at the end of the day you all look the same and have the same views and similar music tastes just as chavs do. You all hate cocacola, the bnp and chavs and you all love nu rocks, heavy beats and make up. So what, if you think your different and 'chavs' are scum your as bad as them.

i think you should read up before you start shooting your mouth off.

there are tonnes of different "factions" of alternative people many of whom totallly diagree with each other i know many hippies who would hate to be shut in a aroom with a skinhead and visa versa (even amongst punks there are rival "tribes")

i myself have encorperated many different styles into my look not because i want to be alternative just because i think i should be able to wear what i like, one day that may be all out punk the next i will be dressed like a 50s starlet i even wear suits and nice shoes.

and its usualy only the people under the age of 18 that do the whole i hate chavs thing (sorry to pigeon hole but this is just what i have seen growing up in the "scene") as all teenagers do they pick what they like and hate everything else its just part of the extremist movement that is teenagers we all need to figure out who we are we just tend to act like crazy people while it happens.

as for saying we all hate coca colaand the bnp again i think your talking about hippies. i know a lot of skinheads who are fully paid up badge wearing members of the bnp. and i by no means hate chavs in fact i have many chav friends we even go out together i "dress them up" to come to my clubs and they "dress me up" to go to theirs none of us feel compromised its just what we have to do to spend time with the people we love wich at the end of the day is what really matters.

And, jimmy - i do hope you are not targeting me in that comment about 'you guys' needing to change the attitude? you said yourself, that you didnt even bother reading the rest of the forum... waste of time apparently but yet your time is obviously useful enough to come on here and post comments (?!)

Point is, if you'd read the rest of the forum you'd have seen people come in and start verbal garbage aimed at pulling us down and people have returned remarks in defending themselves. Everything goes ok for a while and then you come in and start it all back up again. I'm not having a go but please try and understand what were trying to do here... were not here to attack, we're here to make peace.

Oh yeah, 'cause i came in and started bullying all you guys, that's totally what happenned. Of course you're not here to attack, what a silly thing to say, neither am i, incidentally. I just honestly feel that the 'sub-culture' as you put itout contributes to alienating itself. That's all i said, then i got attacked by all you guys, not other way round! I'm not saying it's all your fault, i'm not saying you're 'asking for it' dressing like that, i'm not saying anything like this. Just making an observation that the 'sub-cultuire' is all about being different, the 'alternative' fashion industry seems to thrive on it, and that the culture itself, by it's very nature, has played a part in alienating the rest of society from it.

Not as important a part as ignorant chavs, obviously, but that goes without saying, and a march isn't going to change it.

I think people know a march isnt going to change it, its about finally being sick of all the crap and making a stand for yourself. Weather your 'alternative' or a 'chav'. A March is a start to something and at least someone is willing to stand up and take the time and energy to do it. Maybe if people stopped complaining about whats a goth or whats a chav and how goths and chavs have alienated themselves. because its people like that who cause most of the alienation.

I think people know a march isnt going to change it, its about finally being sick of all the crap and making a stand for yourself. Weather your 'alternative' or a 'chav'. A March is a start to something and at least someone is willing to stand up and take the time and energy to do it. Maybe if people stopped complaining about whats a goth or whats a chav and how goths and chavs have alienated themselves. because its people like that who cause most of the alienation.

thank you John, youre words are very wise and kind!

ALTEROPHOBIA.

I NEED AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE TO MARCH WITH ME!!!

Dress how you feel comfortable, i ask only that you represent yourself as true as possible.

EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT ALTERNATIVE, come and support our cause and show the world that all people are unique and beautiful just the way they are!

It should prove to be an awesome experience - and i shall be filming throughout.

'SEEN AND NOT HEARD - THE PARADE OF UNITED SOULS'

MEET AT THE DEVONSHIRE GREEN AT 11.45AM. WE SET OFF WHEN THE TOWN HALL CLOCK STRIKES 12!!

I'll be there, Littlebird!!!

All you fellow Goths and emos might like to join this group 'STOP EMOPHOBIA' I have just set up on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=21056388775

'EMO-phobia' sounds a lot better and eaiser to spell/say than 'alterophobia'.

One of the contributors to this thread is dead right in calling it a 'Goth Pride' march; for someone who is both Goth and Gay, i have had abuse against me for both reasons...

Incredibly, some of the worst s**t directed against me for being a transvestite and a Goth has been from other so-called GAY people, including two drag 'performers' lol at a certain club in the local region, and from a TINY minority of Gay males who think they are the campest thing since last Christmas...

BEST OF LUCK FOR THE MARCH, I'll be in full drag! :thumbsup: