Goths, Punks, Emo's, Rockers, Metalheads etc - This way please...

Sorry I don't believe any of theose figures.

Bareing in mind that you seem to be lumping most of the population in the "chav" category, as they don't fit into the "alternative" one.

They werent exact, it was just an example to express what I was getting at.

and no, I wasnt lumping most of the population into "chav", I was placing "chav" into "chav", and no one else.

I'm thinking of a march round Aspecto

Thinking about it, Aspecto qualifies as an alternative clothing shop (using the previously mentioned criteria), they rarely have more than 2 of the same item, their stock isn't available nywhere else, and only a small number of people actually shop there on a regular basis.

Hurrah ! We're alternative too.

Its not about 'nametags'. at the end of the day everyone is the same, Pretty much all of us can hold a conversation, walk upright and eat using a knife and fork. This march is a good idea as it could pull everyone together if you could stop trying to define what a chav is or what being alternative is.

Its to remember the dead who HAVE been killed for being different.

I listen to alternative music but wear tracksuit tops and some designer clothing. Is there anyone else like this and if so, would you like to do a march? I'm thinking of a march round Aspecto and then round the metal section of HMV.

I wear what I like and happen to be into metal/rock for the most part.

Society always likes to classify people whether or not it's the correct one.

Its not about 'nametags'. at the end of the day everyone is the same, Pretty much all of us can hold a conversation, walk upright and eat using a knife and fork. This march is a good idea as it could pull everyone together if you could stop trying to define what a chav is or what being alternative is.

Its to remember the dead who HAVE been killed for being different.

Well said mate! :thumbsup:

We're not here to put labels on people, society did that, not us and its the whole reason the world is in such a bloody mess with everyone arguing over what they dont like about the next person. It's not just chavs and goths, its age, sex, religion.. everything.

This march is not just about goths and no-one associated with sub-cultures believes theyre better than anyone else. They would just like the freedom to express themselves in the way they want to without having their head kicked in for it!

I have made it quite clear that this march is open to anyone, alternative or not. The main reason i appealed to the alternative seen is that they are fully aware of what happened to Sophie Lancaster, Brian Deneke and many others. They feel very strongly about this issue too as 9/10 of them have had abuse and attacks thrown at them for dressing the way they do.

Just to make another thing clear - i am not a goth, nor am i a punk or anything in that category. I listen to heavy metal and i do wear many alternative items but much of my lifestyle in centered around being a vegetarian (theres something for the next person to 'quote' and have a go about), i'm also an activist in many things i feel strongly about. I dont force it on others but i do invite them to join me when i do something i think is worthy enough.

There are many other people who society would class as 'different' and who also get relentless abuse for that which makes them different. I have a few of the gay community marching with me as they believe they too are entitled to live as they wish without fear of threat or intimidation from others who dont agree and think its their right to be judge, jury and executioner. I also have some people with disabilities attending, one lad has a full facial birth mark and has had no end of name calling his entire life.

We all would like to live in whatever way we choose and we are all entitled to that. If its not hurting anybody why does society see fit to punish those who dont fit the 'norm'?

I dont think things will ever change but who can blame someone for trying?

Lets just celebrate what makes us all individual, learn from each other and spread love not war...:love:

If your simply on this forum to pull apart peoples feelings and to contradict everything they say, then you are in the wrong place and only adding to the problem that we're trying to tackle.:(

I have a question for the "alternatives", what would happen if one of your group decided one day that they wanted to wear white all the time ?

They'd get mucky very easily? :confused:

lol i'm just joshing....

The proper answer to that question is: No-one would care .

Actually my friend, my lovely Gothic friend Gemma, spent the whole weekend in cyber green, everyone saw her and just said ' nice outfit, looking cool!' and then we all forgot about it two minutes later. My uber-goth friend Madi, spent the day in a red top and blue jeans yesterday and i'm pretty sure no-one gave a bugger then either.

The whole point is that no-one should notice or care what others are doing or wearing (unless of course theyre commiting an unspeakable act or 'wearing' a sandwich board, a la Die hard3! lol - That may get someones attention! )...

If one of my friends or even a complete stranger walked down a street wearing a hat with a neon sign on it i'd just think 'cool!' and it would be their choice so i would respect that.