Goths, Punks, Emo's, Rockers, Metalheads etc - This way please...

littlebird, will do. the only reason i cant go is because im having a wax on that day. lol. its for the holidays, its not for vanity... much... but most of my friends are interested, so... have fun with loads of 14-16 year old "Goff's" and "Dirty Mosha's" with you. lol.

by the way, they're not my labels for them, thats what "normies" do.

normies=people who follow the fashion trend just to be popular instead of dressing true to themselves.

Normies? Really? :hihi:

Has it occurred to you that some people just genuinely aren't that bothered about clothes and wear whatever comes to hand? ;)

I think the march is a great idea.

Normies? Really? :hihi:

Has it occurred to you that some people just genuinely aren't that bothered about clothes and wear whatever comes to hand? ;)

I think the march is a great idea.

honestly its not my word for them. i didnt make it up. i think it was one of my friends.. no idea.

'alternatives' far outnumber chavs and thugs now i would of thought. they're everywhere, hardly need promoting. but good luck with it anyway, hope it's a success :thumbsup:

That is true, except Chavs and thugs hang around in groups of 5 or 6 (or more) usually, 'alternatives' are usually 2 or 3, and 'easy picking' so to speak.

And the people in nike hoodies and caps weren't nice caring people who had family who loved them?

Is it just me or are you all brainwashed fascists. If you can class yourself your in a style your no different to anyone else. Saying your 'alternative' means **** all it just means you don't buy the conventional **** in highstreet stores but at the end of the day you all look the same and have the same views and similar music tastes just as chavs do. You all hate cocacola, the bnp and chavs and you all love nu rocks, heavy beats and make up. So what, if you think your different and 'chavs' are scum your as bad as them.

I dont hate cocacola, I dont have all the same tastes as other goths or rockers etc, the fact remains that 'chavs' have the reputation, because they built it up themselves.

Ignoring individuals and what you wear, put everyone in the same outfit you'd still end up with segregated groups of people and those groups (even tho everyone looks the same) would still have reputations to follow eventually.

It just so happens that 99% of the people who are one way, dress the same, hence 'chav', ok 99% of 'alternatives' dress the same, but there are that 1% of each that are different to the rest even tho they dress the same.

99% of chavs are stereotypical, but 1% are quite nice and can get along well with people.

99% of 'alternative' are similar, get along with people, but there's that 1% that dont, and seek 'revenge' on chavs.

The majority in each 'group' is the determining factor here, and its that which everyone else see's as "the norm" for that type of style / person, it just so happens that similar personalities end up liking similar clothing, and hence it does matter what you look like, that is the first and immediate impression.

Could it not be said that avoiding fashion has ironically become fashionable?

I did make me laugh when someone said "we all wear black" and then later on someone said (about chavs) "they all wear tracksuits".

Sounds like the same thing to me, a fashion.

I have a question for the "alternatives", what would happen if one of your group decided one day that they wanted to wear white all the time ?

99% of chavs are stereotypical, but 1% are quite nice and can get along well with people.

99% of 'alternative' are similar, get along with people, but there's that 1% that dont, and seek 'revenge' on chavs.

Sorry I don't believe any of theose figures.

Bareing in mind that you seem to be lumping most of the population in the "chav" category, as they don't fit into the "alternative" one.

I listen to alternative music but wear tracksuit tops and some designer clothing. Is there anyone else like this and if so, would you like to do a march? I'm thinking of a march round Aspecto and then round the metal section of HMV.