Driving instructor - Megathread

Can anyone recommend a good and cheap driving instructor for me? :help:

Also tell me which driving instructors not to go with and why please...:)

Thank you :)

There's a megathread on I am sure you will be directed to and lost in...

but I recommend Alan from JDM. Great guy, teaches how to drive properly no using daft stickers and stuff or having to faff with your mirrors all the time like I have in the past.

I have had lots of instructors, none I would say nasty thigns about but the one I had before Alan was lovely but a bit slow and I felt as if I was wasting money week in week out x

Try The Art of Driving 01142375880. Robert is a lovely guy who i have known for years, got me passed first time. Dont know cost anymore though, been a few years since i passed.

We do a beginners course for £75 (5 hours) then its £21 per hour for Forum members (normally £22), or you can pay for a block of 10 hours at £199.

Keep it on topic please

If you have someone who is willing to teach you then i'd recommend hiring a dual control car from Arnold Clark in Burngreave. Its something like £12 an hour for petrol, insurance and a dual control corsa.

Probably best as a supplement to proper lessons and beware it could lead to serious arguments but at the end of the day, you can't beat racking up as much time behind the wheel as possible.

i am wanting to get my husband back on driving lessons i am wanting to book him in with someone urgently preferbably startin next monday or tuesday he is not working so anytime would suit him he as had loads of lessons in past an 2 years ago he got to test standard then his instructor packed in so he never got round to taking his test as he got with other instructors that wasn't as good as his old one if anyone knows a good one we are based in weekend need to get him booked in now he as previously took theory an past but its expired so he gonna book back in for that message me numbers an i will book in today thanks ....

Try my ex instructor Dave at AM School of Motoring he is based in Gleadless but covers most of Sheffield.

A couple of my friends passed only last week with Dave so he should have some space in his diary for your husband and I can 100% recommend him.

I think he charges £18 per hour but if you book 10 lessons and pay up front you get the 11th free!

Best way to get hold of Dave is 07711 454394 or see his website http://www.am-som.co.uk

my instructor was first rate, sound bloke too. £20 / hour but first lesson's free. Highly recommended.

Pat @ Pegasus Driving

ttp://www.pegasuslearnerdriving.com/

jdm driving school, i past first time with them a few years ago.

There is already a huge MEGATHREAD on the forum about driving instructor recommendations.

When you started this thread it would have shown up.