Driving instructor - Megathread

I think i should have taken automatic lessons, saved myself a lot of money! :confused:

I know Jon Hardy does automatic lessons.He covers south sheffield and his telephone number is Sheffield 2472141.He is very good and has a very high pass rate.

I used him, he's lovely very patient. Does both Manual and Auto lessons

can u recommend any instructor for automatic lessons

cheaper rate pls..

what about newstar school???:):(

Hi qwer

I run new star and do provide automatic lessons. If you'd like to take this forward, I'd be happy to help. What I will say is that if your not happy with our lesson, don't pay me.

Good luck

Maneem

ask for rob at martin woodward. he installed the belief and confidence in a nervous driver who hadn't driven for 18 years to get back on the road. and now that driver loves the car, driving and done 10,000miles in 18 months, gone for better jobs (and got them)as they can now drive - all cos of robs teaching.

without him, half of the grifter household would be confined to barracks. top bloke, top teacher.

xgx

Edited by xgrifterx
typo

As a bloke who's married to someone with an automatic only licence, go and get a full one!

When it comes to buying a new car, it's a real pain in the bum...

And she can't drive mine either!

As a bloke who's married to someone with an automatic only licence, go and get a full one!

When it comes to buying a new car, it's a real pain in the bum...

And she can't drive mine either!

I would support in part what Emperor has said. If you haven't tried a manual car, I would to consider the route of manual as option one. Once manual has been tried, you have have clearer idea of which route may be most appropriate.

i toyed with the idea of learning in an automatic, refusing to believe all my mates who said that manuals are easy, in order to make it easier/faster. in the end went for it in the manual, no problems whatsoever.

This is the advice that I give out, if you haven't tried manual, then how do know if its for you or not? There are exceptions of course.

Hi Everyone,

I know it might be discussed here about good driving lessons and instructors, but I would like to ask something a bit different.

I am a 19yo student in sheffield and I would like to ask does anyone know a good instructor that in total, it would cost me least?

I know driving a bit, but I am quite a beginner.

I have heard that some instructors do not share everything until they get so much money out of you, so I am looking for someone that in the end would cost me least.

For example if it would take someone who can take me to a level in driving to pass the test in 10 hours and he would take £25 an hour, I definitely prefer it over one who gets £10 an hour and it would take 30 hours for him to help me get enough driving skill.

( cheap or free first lessons would be great as well)

I would appreciate any reply here or PM.

Thanks a lot

The thread is ambiguous! Is the OP proclaiming that she/he is cheap, or is she/he looking for inexpensive driving lessons?

I guess it depends on how much experience you have. I had an excellent experience with Bill Plant Driving school - Instructor, William Burnett

I heard some cheap/expensive instructors do not teach to their best until 30-40 hours, so they can charge a lot.

So, I want to pay the least (since I am a student). So, the least the better. I just want to learn to drive and pass the test :) And I cannot afford a lot.

I would appreciate if anyone has any experience, also say the amount of money they paid in total...

Thanks a lot